Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So me and a friend from work were riding together on the way home from work tonight. He has a cruiser and I am on my sportbike anyway, out of nowhere comes this cop car right behind us and we were not speeding or doing anything wrong so I fall back a little and let my friend take the lead and I swear this cop was about a foot away from my back tire with his car. He followed us about a mile like that and it really aggravated me because he was a cop and should have kept a safe distance from me. I know these stories come up all the time but why is it that somebody in his position that should have better judgement about a safe distance from a bike just tends to ignore it?

Ok I feel better now getting that out...

·
Registered
426 Posts
UntamedR6 said:
So me and a friend from work were riding together on the way home from work tonight. He has a cruiser and I am on my sportbike anyway, out of nowhere comes this cop car right behind us and we were not speeding or doing anything wrong so I fall back a little and let my friend take the lead and I swear this cop was about a foot away from my back tire with his car. He followed us about a mile like that and it really aggravated me because he was a cop and should have kept a safe distance from me. I know these stories come up all the time but why is it that somebody in his position that should have better judgement about a safe distance from a bike just tends to ignore it?

Ok I feel better now getting that out...
maybe he was being a jerk trying to see if you would speed up a little bit so he could try to give you a ticket.

·
Full Time Slacker
3,178 Posts
Why didn't you pull over if he was that close?

·
pick your poison
2,972 Posts
Same crap happend/happens to me. I some times wonder if I was on a crusier of
some sort, would they even pay any attention.

I try to avoid towns/cities? & just take my ridin on farm market rds out in bfe.
Even on these rds, you still got county sherrifs patroling. And they to will go out
of their way to turn around & follow.

·
Where's my bike???
628 Posts
Any time I have a cop following me I pull to the side & let him/her pass...All he/she is doing is harassing any of you. I recommend you do the same thing & let them pass. If he/she stops & asks if you have a problem tell them you just don't feel like being fcked with.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
seppuku said:
maybe he was being a jerk trying to see if you would speed up a little bit so he could try to give you a ticket.
Oh yeah I am sure he would have loved for me to do something like that. It sure is nice to know your liscense is spotless when they run your tag though. :dblthumb

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
big_slacker said:
Why didn't you pull over if he was that close?
We were on a two lane road that is in the middle of construction and had nowhere to pull over. Once we got passed it he went around me. It was just the riding on my ass that got me.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
If I were you and wearing full gear, it woulda been a golden opportunity to sue the city.. if you catch my drift. Anyways.. That cop should be fired.

·
Registered
983 Posts
you should have motioned with your hand, kind of telling him to back off a little. He should know the safe following distance..sounds like a fucking bastard

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
pmoney said:
slam on the breaks and see what happens!!! :eek:nfloor
+1... i would have maybe found an exit and just blinkered in real quick, give the cock sucker a scare.. fucking fagget

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Here's a few options, some have already been mentioned:

1. Pull over, I think MSF recommends this.
2. If you have the skills, pull in your clutch and rev the engine while moving. If you have a set of pipes, I've noticed that cagers will back off when they hear the sound of a high revving machine
3. Flash the brake light.
4. Accelerate to a point where he's not tailgating.
5. Accelerate to a point where you don't see him anymore.
6. Marbles, that's all I'm saying... marbles. :joke

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
pmoney said:
slam on the breaks and see what happens!!! :eek:nfloor
Not a good idea. Braking systems on bikes are second only to F1/Cart racing machines. That Crown Vic or Impala wouldn't be able to brake in time.

·
Banned
1,673 Posts
I would have let him pass me once we were in the open and gotten his plate number. Would have been at the police barracks the next day.

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
Clutchless downshift.. NO warning, instant deceleration, just for a quick second.. then speeed up again. A bike stopping quickly with no brake light will just about scare the hell out of anyone.. then get back up to speed quick, just incase they are total idiots and didnt even see it.

·
Curve Connaisseur
364 Posts
He was reading your plate numbers....and tag......they are hard to see......thats why i usually just keep mine in the trunk........ :rolleyes

·
Registered
539 Posts
Qwikk said:
He was reading your plate numbers....and tag......they are hard to see......thats why i usually just keep mine in the trunk........ :rolleyes
In the trunk? Don't you get pulled over?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts