Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
sHooTer
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well i have been looking for a new pair of good riding boots! b ut i want a pair that can double as regular boots. i realy don't like the track boots( for simple reasons that it prob looks pretty funny walking in to a bar with and a pair of jeans)they are not bad, but not for daily riding! i can not find any one how really has anything like it! the only ones i have found that i like are "Doc Martin" 's riding boots and they are not steel toe and or have the shifter grip! so i am lost!!!! if ya'll got any idea's or know of a good boot let me know.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
alpinestars GPS-3 boots. inexpensive and good ankle protection, much better than any steel toe boot. I wear them under boot cut pants to work just fine, no one notices them even with the toe sliders.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Check these out at prexportusa.com.

http://www.prexportusa.com/store/details.asp?intProdId=34726&intCatID=898&intPageNumber=2&fldStoreGUID={150B9A87-66FB-4291-BDDA-A3B7FE956C93}&fldCartGUID=&strSearchString=&intSearchField=

Bill

·
Registered
464 Posts
I heard you dont want a steel toe in riding boots, cuz they cool off as the weather gets colder and you could freeze your toes off. but maybe thats just cuz I'm from the chilly north?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I just got my Dainese K-Night boots last week. I am planning on doing a write up to post with pics this weekend about these. Perfect boots for everyday riding and comfortable enough to wear while off the bike and dont look out of place with regular clothing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's not a great idea to wear ordinary street boots for riding. They tend to be too heavy and can whip your foot around (like a weight tied to the end of a string) in a crash. Not to mention the lack of ankle protection.

I use Sidi Evo Tempor (waterproof sport topuring boot). Comfortable from go, but you have to order one size larger than normal.

There are some companies including Sidi that make 'short' styled ankle high boots specific to riding. Icon makes a couple too, I believe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts