Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Flyin' Low
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking to buy my first pair of motorcylce boots that (in order of importance) offer some real protection, are comfortalbe, and have a sporty look. I've been looking at the Sidi Tepor Evo w/ the ventilation and really started to like them. Today, I went to the dealership to try a pair on and they fit perfectly in the foot, but were impossible to zip up over my calf. My calf muscles are pretty big thanks to the many years playing soccer. But anyway, that's my problem. I was wondering if there is anyone else out there that has experienced the same problem and could help me out. I don't know if I really need to force them on there, get a different boot, or even a different brand. Are there are brands that are known for running a little b***** in the calf area? I would prefer to have the high boots rather than the low ones. Thanks in advance. BTW, I'm not trying to go over the $200 mark. Thanks!

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
same prob. my boots (sidi vert II's) are pretty big up top, they have some bolts that allow the upper part to widen up. give them a shot. as well as the new Sidi corsa's..

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
Try the Sidi corsas, I have them and I have the opposite problem. I can't get it tight enough around my calves!

·
Twitter @eloquenceinc
1,733 Posts
My calves are too slim for anything to ever hug them...the tops of my alpinestars have space left even after the leathers get in there...

I was going to say he could try those, but then i remember he wants a sport look...goooood luck. The prettier they are, the rockier they were on my foot, and the uglier they were, the comfier they were on my foot...or so it seems...they weird alien look is growing on me though...:)

Your shoe limit is $200? Unless you buy online on sale, good luck...esp. with everything you are looking for...i see it costing you...

·
Registered
231 Posts
My Sidi Vertebra II's have quite a bit of room in the calf area. And, like RacerX said, they're adjustable to some extent. They're excellent in terms of crash protection (I've tested them), and they're very comfortable. I've worn them all day on several occasions and I hardly remember they're on.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
calf implants... everyone is getting them, why not you too? :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
i've got the alpinestars smx and gaerne g-rs boots. love em both, however when they wear out i'm going with the sidi vertigos, based strictly on looks :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts