Sport Bikes banner

Rides and Events

69K views 2K replies 19 participants last post by  TCormier 
#1 ·
C'mon Louisiana. This forum is dead. Lets get it going.

Post up events and rides so we can get a riding community going.

Here in Lafayette there is a bike night on Wednesday at the Tilted Kilt (hot women in tight clothes).

Its riding season so get the word out on the goings on. :banana

#3 ·
Nice to meet you. I have been up that way once. I just moved down here from Wisconsin in August so I havn't been everywhere yet. It would be nice to find some rides and events without having to go to Houston.

How are things in Shreveport? Down here the roads are flat and straight, and most riders are either a squid or only ride their bikes to the coffee shop.

#5 ·
Welcome. Yeah its been dead in this forum and I am hoping to revive it. I did check out rocketmadness once. I tried to signup but was denied. Not sure why but I got an email that I couldn't join. :dafuk Apperently there is criteria. Most the guys I know localy don't speak to highly of it.

Thanks for the input. Make sure to keep posting life into this sub forum :banana

#8 ·
lets get this party started....... i guess there arent many people from louisiana on this site.... im a total newb .... got my bike but dont have endorsment because my msf classes arent until may 20th..... but it would be totaly awesome to have like a big group ride or event

#11 ·
Yeah, I'm loving it so far. The only thing that bothers me is how people constantly tell me its weak and I shoulda got a Hayabusa, etc. Funny thing is, none of them can even ride a bike! The guys around here have been really supportive so far, and I'm looking forward to doing a lot more riding come summertime.

#13 ·
Ok guys. Bike night at Tilted Kilt Wednesday May 19th in Lafayette. Starts as 6 and goes till 9. There is going to be hot girls in skimpy clothes, a stunt show at 7:30, and a raffle for free stuff from venders like cycle gear. It will be fun so come out.

#18 ·
lol....... i took it out on my street yesterday but not today...... bc the temp reached 95... and going only 25mph on a street doesnt keep me cool enough ... i also got my boots and helmet in...they are both awesome....the boots are soo comfortable

#19 ·
I just got some new gloves and haven't gotten to wear them yet because of the heat. I also got a new jacket and wow is mesh better than leather during the day. During the week I commute and its a top speed of 45 in town so I don't get that cool either.

When is your DMV test? We need to go ride some. :)

#25 ·
lol..... ive only takin the riders edge class test.... & the test was easy and nerve raking... my instructor was really awesome ... he is also a motorcycle cop and motorcycle cop instructor.... for the test we did a turn (my boots scraped through turn & he thought that was great) we also did figure 8 and swerve, and did a stopping test.... the class was great...........do u think i need study the dmv book or wat i learned from the class is enough to past the dmv test (because i want to take test today).............how was the paper portion of the DMV test?

im the one on far right... and thats my instructer next to me

#28 ·
I don't know if it varies from parish to parish, but it wasn't hard at all up here. It was mostly common sense type stuff. It focused a lot on where to ride so drivers can see you and how to react in emergency situations. Look on the state DMV website. Maybe there's a .pdf version of the green book you can read to study.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.