·
3 cyl r bttr thn 4
2,470 Posts
Sounds like homeboy was Very lucky.
Hope he heals quick.

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
Wow....hope he gets well soon. Kinda interested to know more of the story though.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
That's one of the things that really makes me worry about these people riding all out on mountain roads, sure, they are fun, but if you go down, you aren't only going to hit the ground, you are gonna slide over a damn cliff. Hope he's doing ok.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well we went and saw Matt in the hospital. He really fell 85 feet not 70! He used to ride a yellow GSXR 6 and he sold it and bought a yellow 929 about 3 weeks ago. I don't agree w/ what he was doing and I don't support it, but I'm so glad he only came out with minor injuries: bruised lung, fractured left arm, black eye and concusion. He had on his helmet which he almost drowned in, Alpinestar pants, jacket, and gloves. He was doing a wheelie up the bridge went to set it down and the bike went into a tank slapper mid bridge and finally crashed into the side of the bridge right at the top sending him over falling 85 feet into the river. 4 people have tried to kill them selves off the Seabreeze bridge and were successful, hes the only one to ever survive the fall. The people he was riding with fled the scene(heh those are some good friends...). Two fisherman who didn't know how to swim tried to pull him out, but almost drowned as well, a female officer pulled him out of the water and saved his life. Matt is in good spirits, I'm going to pop by and see him again tomorrow. He told me he had a waiting line outside of his hospital room earlier that day and the staff had to tell them to come back in groups, he said he didn't know he had so many friends. Any how, Matt knows he made a mistake so please do not use this thread for flamming, hes just happy to be alive.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I'm glad this story has a happy ending. Yes, it sucks that Lady Luck wasn't on his side, but the good Lord was when he hit that water! Rest assured, I don't care if you're L-Town, B-Town, Z-Town, or Bethune-Town, I will always be there for a biker in need.

Matt's recovery --> :dblthumb The dumbasses who fled the scene --> :boid

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the support you guys! I'll be sure to show him this thread, he has his lap top at the hospital so he can check up on it. Jen is up at the hospital right now visiting him and later this afternoon me and her are going to meet up and go see him again.

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
Alright, Court, I gotta call you out on this one...You're an MSF instuctor and that's as harsh as you can be on this guy?...A wheelie going UP a bridge??...As much as you push safety in everything you say, you need to give it to this dumbass, it's as simple as that...

·
GSXR600
481 Posts
L8 Braker said:
Alright, Court, I gotta call you out on this one...You're an MSF instuctor and that's as harsh as you can be on this guy?...A wheelie going UP a bridge??...As much as you push safety in everything you say, you need to give it to this dumbass, it's as simple as that...
+1
Bridge+night+wheelie+damp road=crash!
Thanks to this guy there will be even mor patrol on the streets for sportbikes! Good job Matt! :dblthumb

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
jackingjerry said:
+1
Bridge+night+wheelie+damp road=crash!
Thanks to this guy there will be even mor patrol on the streets for sportbikes! Good job Matt! :dblthumb
Yeah, I forgot to mention how much I appreciate even more bad press...

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I already gave him hell in person I don't need to post it on this thread. Jerry you have 0 room to talk about doing wheelies... As I said before he knows he made a big mistake, he said his poor parents were sad then pissed then sad again then pissed again.

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
SicFLgirlR6 said:
I already gave him hell in person I don't need to post it on this thread. .
I disagree...Being the paramount person for safety, you should use him as a perfect example of what a dumbass stunt can lead to...

Look at how hard you are on yourself, and how you use that experience as a learning opportunity for others...You should be just as hard on him...If not, I'd be happy to...

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lol nah, he knows he f'ed up. Can't really pick him out of the bunch of guys who wheelie over the bridges here, hell I've seen some Lakeland boys wheelie over the bridges here. Hes not the only one who wrecked on the bridges, guys wreck on the bridges here all the time. However, he would be the only one who went over the side of the bridge... I know how it feels to get picked out of the bunch, and it sucks...

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I mean hey he had on full gear, he was all suited up in case he did lay it down, but definitley not ready for a 9 story fall. I do wonder how much that gear helped him when he fell, I mean hitting that water at that height should be like hitting concrete, and he sustained minor injuries for that kinda fall... I still can't figure out how he survived, but I'm really glad he did.

·
Registered
912 Posts
wHAT A FUCKIN DUMBASS

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Wow sorry to hear about your friend and glad that he's ok!! :) He is very very lucky indeed.

Makes me think more now as I went riding with some guys last night from Ybor across the Gandy bridge and then back over the Howard Franklin. All of us doing 100+ and about 3 guys wheelieing for a good long long time even some right beside me!!

Anyone could go over on these bridges too and I am sure it has happened but I guess you don't think about it when you are running and gunning out there.

Thanks for the trip back to reality!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts