Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The worst way in the world to end a perfectly good day is with a rider down. Unfortunately our good friend R6Junkie was whaling down Rt 78 when upon cresting a hill and dropping left into an increasing radius turn he discovered he had not leaned quite hard enough. The results follow.

For the more pleasant shots of the day venture over to the West Virginia Forum where we have some really good pics of all 12 of the bikers out today.

Enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Patrick has a broken colar bone and some damage to his right ankle. He was pretty stoved up and it took a while to get him from the curb to the house after the pick up from the emergency room.

Send him a get well soon everyone. I'm sure the R6Junkie would be glad to know so many of his fellow riders wish him well.

Attachments

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just saw it happen and still had to sit in the back forever. Man, those things are hard on a clostrophob when the doors are lock.

·
seigwailo
1,511 Posts
what? they make you sit in the squad car? thats sux. hope R6 gets better soon.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
That sucks man. Hope he heals up quick.

I've experienced a broken collar bone before, and they SUCK. Doc said it's the most painful bone to break....i believe it.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Wishing him the best in recovery time. That could be the end of his season for '05, for the bike has to be checked over & rebuilt as well. Bit of a bummer during some of the best riding season being Autumn.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
hope you have a speedy recovery and are back on the bike before too long.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Rockin Ron said:
I just saw it happen and still had to sit in the back forever. Man, those things are hard on a clostrophob when the doors are lock.
dang...sorry to hear about the crash. Get well soon R6Junkie....

Why in the hell would they make you sit in the back seat for merely being a witness? I would seiously be interested in finding out why they "detained you". I am not a cop nor an attorney but I am stuggling to find why they could do that.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I'm just guessing, but probly because this accident looked liked it resulted from going to fast. Cops don't like it when you break speed limits and get hurt doing it.

·
I am MOTARDED
3,089 Posts
whatzzzzzzzzzzzzz up guys. sitting painfully at the comp I was look at these wonderful pictures. want to thank all the guys that helped me out Ron, Juston and Kevin. also all the other guys who stood by me.

I do have a pair of sidi boots but for some strange reason I didnt wearthem this weekend but I did last :rolleyes

I realized I was going into the corner to hot and was scrubing some speed off with the breaks when i must have locked them up (not sure) the bike rearend was sliding out and it was like a dirtbike with the front pointing down hill. I thought I had it saved when I think the rear fell off the edge andi was totaly sideways it catapult me into a highside landing on my shoulder.

after i stop rolling, which i never thought was going to hapen I felt my foot throbing it hurt like hell or untill i put my arm out to lift my self up then it really hurt like hell. my boot did hold up good. Justion took my boot off to check my ankle so booth boots stayed on. the mesh grear done a great job no road rash and it stayed zipped.

my riding days.........hummmm the wife and work is exstreamly pissed and I'm going to have Doc bills so I'm not sure how its going to turn out. but I have no problems in riding again if I could I would go today.

thanks guys for all the kind words.

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
I am so glad to hear you are ok. The bike doesn't look so bad either. Just give it awhile before you decide you have to hang it up (or your wife makes you:)).
Most important thing is that you are still with us and will heal to ride another day!

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Glad you are OK. Saddle up ASAP, we all need our outlets in life to stay sane!!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts