Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I layed her down today :(
I was going down the road and it was all backed up and was making a left turn into a plaza and there was a car pulling out of a plaza on the other side of the street taking a left. And someone waved him through the traffic and he did not look when making his left turn and I was right in his path and I tried to stop but I thought if I don't lay it down and get out of the way he is going to run me over. So I layed her down on the left side and gently as possible jumped off the bike and got out of the way. Well he saw me and missed the bike and me by about a inch. He than started to back up and take off. People started to yell and scream you just hit a motorcycle, stop!. They stoped him in the plaza and someone asked me if I was ok. I was able to pick the bike up and roll it off to the side of the rode; didn't think I was going to be able to pick it up but that was not difficult at all! The only damage to me is a serious bruise/raspberry to my left leg and the bike actually made out pretty good. The frame sliders did there job and I have a small scratch on the bar end, clutch lever, and crankcase.
Since the guy did not actually hit me or the bike a ticket could not be given. But according to the cop he is at fault so hopefully his insurance company will settle the claim.

If you look in the classified section you will see a posting for a left motovation frame slider. If anyone has one left me know and I will buy it off you.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Could you have accelerated out of the way? Just asking what options you considered at the time, for future reference.

Good for the onlookers. When I was hit at a light (doofus van behind me FORGOT I was there!) a bunch of people stopped to check and give me their numbers. Luckily, he was a stand up guy about it and his insurance even rented a Buell for me for two weeks while it all got straightenned out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about that and when you live in New England you have to deal with pot holes. I looked and there was a pot hole into the parking lot the size of king kong. Whenever I enter that plaza I have to slow down and there is alittle spot in a section of the pavement I can enter without hitting the pot hole(past experience). If I didn't know the potholes where there I would of gunned it.

Tim

·
Registered
828 Posts
huffti said:
frame sliders did there job
Ahhhh....frame sliders. Gotta love 'em. Mine are scratched from a winter fall but boy did they save the rest of my bike big time. We can be grateful to those frame sliders for our unscratched tanks. :dblthumb

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Darn-- sorry for the mis-hap, dude. Thank goodness you're ok and the bike, too. Funny how cagers think just because they didn't hit you that they can just ignore their ignorance! :bitchslap

·
Registered
251 Posts
Sorry about the lay down, but at least you're ok! Gotta watch the cagers...they just don't know any better.

I'm glad the Motivations worked out as they should...I've got those also.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I know where you are coming from. Three weeks ago a 17 year old girl was out with 4 of her buds. She changed from the fast lane to the slow lane without looking. As bad luck would have it, I was in the slow lane and just about to pull into a gas station to adjust my rear shock. With no where to go, I grabbed a fist full of brake but it was only enough to slow me down to her rear fender. The fender caught the FZ6 front wheel and over I went. I cursed, she cried, Police and the Paramedics arrived. She got a ticket, I broke my collar bone and walk with a limp now. The bike is in the shop. NO BIKING TILL AUGUST !!! man that sucks. 722kms on the Yam, puts a whole new meaning on "breaking in the bike." Anyway I didn't have frame sliders on the FZ but when it comes back on go the Yam sliders.

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
gojuFZ6 said:
I know where you are coming from. Three weeks ago a 17 year old girl was out with 4 of her buds. She changed from the fast lane to the slow lane without looking. As bad luck would have it, I was in the slow lane and just about to pull into a gas station to adjust my rear shock. With no where to go, I grabbed a fist full of brake but it was only enough to slow me down to her rear fender. The fender caught the FZ6 front wheel and over I went. I cursed, she cried, Police and the Paramedics arrived. She got a ticket, I broke my collar bone and walk with a limp now. The bike is in the shop. NO BIKING TILL AUGUST !!! man that sucks. 722kms on the Yam, puts a whole new meaning on "breaking in the bike." Anyway I didn't have frame sliders on the FZ but when it comes back on go the Yam sliders.

I feel for ya bro. I gotta wait before i can ride too. Just had a left hip replacement 3 weeks ago so biking is out of the question for now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts