Sport Bikes banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just caught this on the nightly news about a fatal motorcycle crash in Fargo, ND.

One Dead After Motorcycle-SUV Crash

For those that don't read the link, it appears the driver turned in front of the rider but the rider was possibly speeding and had popped a wheelie before the impact. The TV report showed it was a blue sportbike.

There is so little margin for error on public streets and unfortunately this rider doesn't get a second chance.

My thoughts go to his friends and family...

·
Are we not men?
9,030 Posts
Godspeed.

·
Registered
227 Posts
damn......
The crash comes in the wake of sobering accident statistics released the Tuesday. State officials say someone dies in a crash on North Dakota roads about every three days. The figure is part of a 2007 North Dakota crash clock report released by the state transportation department.
The report says there is a crash about every half hour, one crash involving a teenage driver about every four hours, one alcohol-related crash about every ten hours, and a crash involving a motorcyclist every one and a half days.

·
Banned
19,161 Posts
one person on this site is from nd and rides a blue bike, but seems like he is always wearing gear and not to squidly, lets hope it wasnt him.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Has there ever been a loss to this site that you guys remember? IDK how you would know but just wondering.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Crap, the report said no helmet. One thing for certain, helmets must be drilled into sport riders. Would anyone want to play real football without a freakin helmet or gear?

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
Don't speed and you'll both give yourself more time to react and more maneuverability--not to mention reducing impact energies. If you can avoid the accident, the helmet (or lack thereof) won't even be a factor.

·
Your friendly antagonist
2,346 Posts
I know Im supposed to feel bad about this. . I just cant help but be angry. . .why the fuck wouldnt you wear a helmet. . .

·
Registered
37 Posts
It is sad for this person's family and sad for us because in the sportbike world we are judged by the actions of every person on supersport motorcycles...GEAR UP...

RIP my fallen brother

·
Registered
359 Posts
If you're speeding and wheelieing when a car crosses from the right, gear might help if you're lucky enough to impact in a way that doesn't produce instant deceleration to zero. Fly over a Miata and slide and tumble for 100 feet, gradually giving up kinetic energy as friction between you and the pavement, and your gear just might save your life--especially if you hit your head.

But slam into the side of an Escalade as this poor rider did, and gear is not going to help much. In a direct hit at even moderate speed, nothing you wear can save your heart and lungs from being puréed into non-functional goo, and not even a helmet can prevent death by head injury.

The way to prevent this kind of death is not riding like an asshole when there's other traffic around. Crashes between motorcycles and crossing vehicles are almost always preventable using nothing more than the skills and strategies taught in the MSF basic course.

·
Are we not men?
9,030 Posts
Has there ever been a loss to this site that you guys remember? IDK how you would know but just wondering.
One that I know of, about 16 months ago. Guy was from northern Wisconsin. His wife posted the report of his demise.

Others probably know some also.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
R.I.P

Everyone wear your gear & becarefull out there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts