Sport Bikes banner

Rider down on red rock loop.

2K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  big_slacker 
#1 ·
I'll be the first one to tell you I don't follow speed limits 90 percent of the time. But it's a Sun morning at Red Rock. I'm with a friend who's riding an adventure BMW 1200 GS. And traffic is outragious and filled with dumbasses who jogg and ride bicycles the wrong way. So I just kick back and enjoy the scene. Then sirens fill the air and soon there's 2 ambulances and 2 firetrucks moving through the loop. My buddy and I hang out in 1 of the turn-outs as they go by. We start riding again and we see what looks like an F4i torn all to hell in the second cement wash. WTF!? Of course I am assuming he ate shit due to speeding..not a mechanical failure. that loop is filled with way too many cages and morons on the weekends to haul ass around there. A little common sense will go a long way :asshole

#3 ·
The Red Rock loop is not a race track. If I were riding a bicycle or jogging out there I'd want to go against traffic too just to keep an eye out for Joe Squid trying to drag his knee through a corner.

#4 ·
helrazor

evildead said:
The Red Rock loop is not a race track. If I were riding a bicycle or jogging out there I'd want to go against traffic too just to keep an eye out for Joe Squid trying to drag his knee through a corner.
EVIL, I am an avid cyclist. it is my preferred mode of transportion. I can assure you if a squid was dragging a knee around a blind corner...facing traffic would not save you. Ive been spooked on my motorcycle by an unexpected jogger and or cyclist in the wrong direction. anyway, besides the point. you are totally correct on the fact that red rock loop is not a track. It was totally dissapointing, and gives the government yet another reason to come down on us.

#5 ·
The f4i rider was not me BTW.

Although I know its not a track it is fun to exceed the limit around some of those corners. However its best to only do it on the visible corners, not the blind righties. Have your fun but do it safe. And its ridiculous to ride fast on the weekends through there. Too much traffic, too many pedestrians and cyclists and too many rangers.

#7 ·
helrazor said:
EVIL, I am an avid cyclist. it is my preferred mode of transportion. I can assure you if a squid was dragging a knee around a blind corner...facing traffic would not save you. Ive been spooked on my motorcycle by an unexpected jogger and or cyclist in the wrong direction. anyway, besides the point. you are totally correct on the fact that red rock loop is not a track. It was totally dissapointing, and gives the government yet another reason to come down on us.

yeha but wouldnt you want to get one last look at the sad sack draggin knee around that corner before you got plowed? Pretty sad that redrock place.

You guys should come out my way to enjoy stress free riding :) We got canyons galore wihtout too much traffic and "manageable" speed limits!! Just dont take it too crazy or the chp's bust your ass down if your in the wrong side of the tracks ie: the crest...

Gotta love L.A.!!!

#8 ·
Yeah, I got a $400 ticket for entering a carpool lne in a non-designated area, never even heard of that shit?! That, the dirty air, crime, cheezy fake people, insane taxes and ridiculous property values. Gotta love LA. :D

#9 ·
big_slacker said:
Yeah, I got a $400 ticket for entering a carpool lne in a non-designated area, never even heard of that shit?! That, the dirty air, crime, cheezy fake people, insane taxes and ridiculous property values. Gotta love LA. :D
Sounds like Las Vegas, except we don't have carpool lanes.

#12 ·
big_slacker said:
Well, we do have the cheezy people, but we have nothing on LA as far as poor air quality, property taxes and property values. :D
Have you looked down into the valley lately? Our air quality may not be as bad as LA, but it is still horrible.

In my opinion Las Vegas is a suburb of LA. People flee California because they don't like it there then do their best to turn Las Vegas into LA.

#14 ·
R1Elvis said:
this is the classic example, there is someone to spoil it for the rest of us. I bet the Rangers become nazis now for the summer.

This is why I dont ride on Federal Land if I can help it.
Same with Palomar and Laguna this summer...not going to be fun playground with all the heat around that place. On top of that you have locals setting boobie traps because too many people go up there and treat it like a track. It's going to be a field day for the CHP!

Gotta love SOCAL!

#15 ·
evildead said:
Have you looked down into the valley lately? Our air quality may not be as bad as LA, but it is still horrible.

In my opinion Las Vegas is a suburb of LA. People flee California because they don't like it there then do their best to turn Las Vegas into LA.
I'm on durango and 215, air is fine out my way. ;)

I know what you mean though, the whole city feels like a california suburb to me. Nothing but slapped together stucco houses and strip malls as far as the eye can see. Urban sprawl to the max. The only character this city has is the strip and thats..... well..... the strip.

All this place has going for it is easy jobs that pay well (50k a year for dealing cards 3 days a week, WTF?) and cheap housing. But even the housing prices are getting californized.

#17 ·
Ouch. Amped is not the way to be when riding twisties. You wanna be in the flow.....

mastersixx said:
I crashed out there the 2nd day after having my bike. Whoops! I was going a little to fast too. The twisties get you amped! I've already gone out there 2 times this summer! It's great!

#18 · (Edited)
I went with mastersixx on his second and third time through the RR loop. I can say that in the corner he went down in, we stopped there and I found no less than plastic to at least 6 bikes in the corner. So stay inside your own personel envelope. Have fun but be safe.

(picture of that corner)

Attachments

#19 ·
Is that the righty about 2/3rds of the way through that tightens up near the end? If so it is deceptive. Gotta be careful out there, it really isn't a track. :D

#22 ·
Yup, I had a pucker moment on that corner myself. Had to REALLY lean it and I was very close to the outside of the corner. I imagine you're not the only person to go off the road there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.