Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Invicible for 170M years
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my woman is out of state this weekend so I have the house to myself. Decided yesterday that I would make the most of it and do a marathon ride in prep for my big bike trip coming up in August. Unfortunately I found my rear tire to be flat yesterday when i tried rolling my bike out of the garage. The culprit was a bolt and the tire has 13k on it so I ended up getting a new one. Ok, back on track...

So this morning I got up at 7 and lubed the chain and was off. Went from So MD up around the DC beltway and out 66W past Front Royal to the VA/W VA border. Ended up doing about 450 miles in 9 hours with only stopping for gas and lunch. Looks like the Bus is in good shape and ready to go.

But the main reason I write is that while I was driving along just east of Front Royal, I came across the aftermath of a motorcycle wreck, near Marshall, VA (55 W for those who care). There were about a dozen police cruisers and a couple dudes on bikes at this one intersection and they were all standing around and shit while a couple police were directing traffic. As I passed the intersection I looke towards where the action was and could see about 4-5 ambulances and a couple of fire trucks. They also had the helicopter pretty much in the middle of the road and were loading somebody in to it so far as I cna tell. I'm guessing it was a guy on a motorcycle because of all the bikes parked around and some guys in leathers standing there looking stunned and crap.

So anybody hear anything about a wreck out by Front Royal today? Hopefully whoever it is makes it through ok.

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
Always a sad and sobering thought. Hopefully not a loss of life.

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
If they were putting him on the helicopter, he was not dead but probably close to it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts