Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I Make Girls Cry
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight (still daylight though) around 730 or 8 pm on northbound alafaya trail between 50 and university I saw a red/wht yamaha r1/r6 down after what looked like a blk camaro ss pulled out in front of him (rear left of car was nailed) there were tons of emt's working on who I believed to be the rider, as one emt was holding a helmet. Just wanted to see if the guy/girl made it out ok, as it looked like a bad accident- my thoughts and prayers go out and I hope the guy/girl is ok.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Same here

·
Banned
5,056 Posts
ouch.. Havn't heard of it.. Im at work during that time otherwise I travel that area quite a bit... Where was it? By the Bank of america? I live right next door to UCF... This morning I saw some idiot flying(WoT) down the turning lane on a brand new katana this morning on University.. you know that section that runs from the ChickFaLay to Panera right infront of UCF... lucky someone wasn't moving into that lane or pulling out.. Traffic was pretty heavy...

·
I Make Girls Cry
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was in the area of the alafaya woods apartments- whenever I see a wreck like that, It makes me ride way overcautious for a day or two

·
I Make Girls Cry
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IronMan2003 said:
This morning I saw some idiot flying(WoT) down the turning lane on a brand new katana this morning on University.. you know that section that runs from the ChickFaLay to Panera right infront of UCF... lucky someone wasn't moving into that lane or pulling out.. Traffic was pretty heavy...
Some people just don't realize how dangerous it is to do that... there are places around here to go fast, thats just not one of them. speaking of the traffic on university it has gotten so bad now since summer b started I have to split it on university from alafaya to rouse everyday on the way home from the gym... its literaly a 10-15 min wait to go 2 blocks

·
Registered
377 Posts
Traffic near UCF is horrible and its just going to get worse. The intersection of University and Alafaya is nuts, not to mention the road itself is a deathtrap for bikes.

·
Registered
100 Posts
StormHawk said:
Traffic near UCF is horrible and its just going to get worse. The intersection of University and Alafaya is nuts, not to mention the road itself is a deathtrap for bikes.
i plan on getting a bike before fall starts up again at UCF, that makes me feel muuuuch better about my safety. :eek:

·
Registered
100 Posts
IronMan2003 said:
This morning I saw some idiot flying(WoT) down the turning lane on a brand new katana this morning on University.. you know that section that runs from the ChickFaLay to Panera right infront of UCF... lucky someone wasn't moving into that lane or pulling out.. Traffic was pretty heavy...
I see old people with no clue driving down that lane all the time, they just dont know its a turn lane because there are very few if any turn arrows (?right), looks much like a normal lane but with a solid line

maybe the guy on the katana just didnt know (probably not though)

·
Banned
5,056 Posts
They should paint a bunch of arrows along the way of it so people realise its a turning lane.....

We all love the 1 lane left turn from university to Alafaya. Should be 2 lanes......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts