Sport Bikes banner

Rider down in H-town...

599 views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  punkincandie 
#1 ·
I was on the beltway 8 feeder heading east about 5-15 miles away from Highway 288, and I saw about 5 cops, a firetruck, and a ambulance in the middle of an intersection. At first I though it was just a cagers wreck since there were 2 cars messed up pretty bad. When I got to the other side I saw a bike... or what was left of a sportbike, couldn't even tell what it was but the whole front end of the bike was tucked underneath the seat! It was sitting in what I really hope was just a pool of oil and gas.. couldn't really tell how it happened but I don't see anyone surviving that. If anyone else saw or knows anything about it I would like to know... I hope he got lucky.

edit: forgot to tell you the time.. it was around 10:00 p.m. saturday night.

#2 ·
did not see that but I'm glad I didnt take the bike out tonight, too many drunks on the road. I just came home 15 minutes ago and almost got clipped on the way back by a truck doing 95 mph. ppl in houston: do not take outbound 59 near last call time, on a bike it would be a suicide run.

freeker, did you end up getting a bike?

#3 · (Edited)
I applied for my loan for my gear and my bike, I went through city financial :( they said within 7-14 days it'll be done... that was like a week ago, but even then I have to shop for gear and the bike to so It'll be a slow process.. Sportbikes are sooo rare in the brazoria area, I'll probally end up getting one in houston.

edit: Oh and I avoid 59 at all costs in my cage.. so I'd never go on a bike.

#4 ·
Freeker said:
I applied for my loan for my gear and my bike, I went through city financial :( they said within 7-14 days it'll be done... that was like a week ago, but even then I have to shop for gear and the bike to so It'll be a slow process.. Sportbikes are sooo rare in the brazoria area, I'll probally end up getting one in houston.

edit: Oh and I avoid 59 at all costs in my cage.. so I'd never go on a bike.
I led a couple of us thru your area yesturday (sat)
from 59-crabb etc down thru freeport, around dow, up the coast for lunch at "The Spot"
2 busa's, an older fjr i think and a kawi .
nice roads

later
Michel

#5 ·
yeah if you ever get on 288 south, right before you hit freeport(at the bridge) you'll be in clute, take a left on straton ridge road... its got some pretty cool curves there, all around the plants there are nice roads.

#6 ·
I saw two news stories this morning involving bikes. One looked like a red Hayabusa that ran a stoplight and hit a car. Rider was ok I believe. And second was a late model red/black gixxer with the guy running from the police and went down. They showed him and he was fine. That is about all I know. Not sure if either are the one you saw.

#7 ·
Did they say the location? I think the bike was red and black but it was dark outside and the bike was really messed up soo I am not shure. I hope thats it because it mean the rider is ok.. not shure how though it was looking pretty bad.

#10 · (Edited)
punkincandie said:
Anyone here from Houston ever go the Hamburger Wed. in Angleton? I have only been one other time but I am going this Weds. It would be cool to meet up with some folks from SBN.
i will be going this wednesday. usually take the v-max but will be on my black & blue busa this time, look for the mohawk and say hello.

later
Michael

#15 ·
Cool I will be on my black/blue F2, white mess jacket and blue/black helmet with cat ears and tail.There will be at least 4 of us. My F2, an orange ZX7, a Repsol and a yellow 250 Ninja. We will be heading out from Dickinson. Hope to see ya there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.