Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Start sending out those positive thoughts and prayers guys.

I was out riding solo when i noticed there were some fire trucks and firemen directing traffic up on Cameron School Road, north of town. Looks like a rider somehow rode/got thrown about 30-40 feet off the road into the ditch. There were about 15-20 other riders there watching the firemen. No ambulance as yet on the scene when I rode past. I didn't stop and ask cause well, the last thing EMS needs is another onlooker (i'm an EMT-B). More details as I get em.

For those of you that don't know the area, Cameron School connect to North Dakota, where there's some nice-ish curves. Heavy bike traffic, since we all head to/from that stretch of road. Its a fairly straight/flat road w/ a 50mph speed limit, so people tend to cruise pretty good and/or pull stunts on the way.

·
Lowlife
7,019 Posts
that sucks man, hope it wasn't anyone I know, but wish them the best nonetheless.
Kind of weird that it wasn't on dakota, since those curves there are pretty wicked if you go to fast, especially with no shoulder.
I am at Cameron school rd. nearly everyday..I worked on that road today for 2 1/2 hours near GWcarver..East of DAkota..glad I didnmt see anything too.
What kind of bike was it ? could you tell?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Couldn't see a bike or rider. It was about halfway between GWCarver and Dakota, around 7-7:30pm...there was a side street on the north side where all the other riders were looking East towards the wreck site.

Nothign up on the ISU Daily, Ames Trib, or DSM Register websites. Weird.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From another board:

bigassbertha said:
I was behind the guy when he wrecked.

Also saw you drive by and knew it was you chlorofiend, and no you didn't miss much.

Kid had been trying to ride out standups while standing on his rear seat. All four attempts he made were completely out of control, he sure as shit shouldn't have been trying it.

The final one he went too far back on, let off to bring the front wheel down, then tried getting the front back in the air... By the time he set the front wheel down his rear was already bucking around. After his tire the first thing to hit the ground was his forehead (no helmet of course.)

Slid about 40 feet into a fairly friendly brome ditch.

Aside from rash on his back (too large a jacket) and a 2x2 inch patch of visible skull on his forehead, he's fine. And fucking lucky.
Guess that pretty well confirms my suspicions. Lucky bastard too.

·
Registered
753 Posts
lucky

I am not a stunter. I do respect the skill it takes to do some of the tricks, however I cannot understand why anyone would stunt without a helmet. That goes beyond stupid!!!!!

·
Lowlife
7,019 Posts
I heard about a busa rider going down in ames recently from a wheelie, then too late/fast to hit a right angle turn or something.
I'm with you smitt. I don't stunt, but if I did, I would for sure wear a lid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts