Sport Bikes banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had my first trackday at Streets of Willow this past weekend. I had a blast learning the track and having fun. This is a video compiled from the guys over at sportbikers.net

*right click, save as.

http://www.sportbikers.net/videos/tracks/sow8704-tony.wmv

Here are some shots of the weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CasterTroy said:
Great form Tony.....

I could tell the cameraman was a little more familiar with the track though :D

Bike looks killer with those stinkin wheels :angry
No kidding, I was watching the video and I was all over the place. lol.... I had a good time though. The first couple of sessions, I hated it.... I was thinking, "man, I'm gonna stick to canyon carving!" But I was taking it easy throughout the first few sessions and wanted to establish some good reference points for braking and shifting.

I had a spook on my last session which almost caused a highside, but I managed to ride it out. I hit a dip in the middle of a corner while fully leaned over, the front end started to wobble and my body was pitched over the side... one leg was dragging on the floor and one leg was on my passenger seat. :eek: I ended up straightening the bike and keeping a steady throttle, relaxed my grip, and rode through the dirt. The instructor who just happened to ride behind me came to me in the pits and said, "dude.... that was the baddest save I ever saw!" lol.... I had a awesome time though.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Good work, Tony.

It's a blast, huh.

I can't wait for Sunday at Pocono. Please no r-in.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
makes street riding slow, huh? looks great.......

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RACER X said:
makes street riding slow, huh? looks great.......
It definitely puts a different perspective when it comes to street riding. You don't have to worry about debri, oncoming traffic, or some squid who blew his corner and is in your lane. I love it.

·
So Sexy it hurts
687 Posts
Tony824 said:
or some squid who blew his corner and is in your lane.

Just watch for the egomaniacs that feel like you're not worthy of their line and attempt to come under you in a corner :angry

Just as many buttheads on the track as the road...you just have to make sure you're with the right organization that doesn't tolerate showboats!!!!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Very nice Tony, very nice! :dblthumb

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
Excellent video! God I can't wait to get on a track and do that crap. :D Probably won't do it with the ZX9 though. Although it handles pretty well, it's still 30lbs heavier than the 1000 I had. But I'd probably rather learn track riding on a 600 or 750 anyway.

·
Just a Commuter
58 Posts
Hopefully I can get My ZX-11 out on the track this year. I would love to get that big beast out there. I have no problem with the size or weight seein that its what I ride on the street. Besides all that what better way to learn the bike you ride all the time.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GsZX11 said:
Hopefully I can get My ZX-11 out on the track this year. I would love to get that big beast out there. I have no problem with the size or weight seein that its what I ride on the street. Besides all that what better way to learn the bike you ride all the time.
No shame in bringing the big bikes out. There were quite a few ZRXs out there that day. :dblthumb

·
Registered
200 Posts
Tony824 said:
No shame in bringing the big bikes out. There were quite a few ZRXs out there that day. :dblthumb
Did someone say ZRX's on a track??? :lol Don't be fooled by the naked bikes on the track. We can ride up a storm out there. It's what's in the pilots seat that counts..... :D I have a blast!!!! everytime I go. They should have days where people can bring what ever they have just to ride in safety and get a good feel for their bikes. Allot may disagree, but I found out how much I couldn't handle a bike on the street until I did a few trackdays. Really opened up my eyes after 30+ years of riding. It's a whole new ball game for me now. The days of shorts, tee shirt and sneaks are over. When people ask me why I wear all my gear, I tell them, I plan on having a wreck everytime I go out riding anywhere. It's only the ones that wreck not wearing gear that will tell you they were safe riders and weren't planning on wrecking..... :twofinger

Have fun!!!! :dblthumb

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
EA6BMECH said:
Did someone say ZRX's on a track??? :lol Don't be fooled by the naked bikes on the track. We can ride up a storm out there. It's what's in the pilots seat that counts..... :D I have a blast!!!! everytime I go. They should have days where people can bring what ever they have just to ride in safety and get a good feel for their bikes. Allot may disagree, but I found out how much I couldn't handle a bike on the street until I did a few trackdays. Really opened up my eyes after 30+ years of riding. It's a whole new ball game for me now. The days of shorts, tee shirt and sneaks are over. When people ask me why I wear all my gear, I tell them, I plan on having a wreck everytime I go out riding anywhere. It's only the ones that wreck not wearing gear that will tell you they were safe riders and weren't planning on wrecking..... :twofinger

Have fun!!!! :dblthumb
It's always a pleasure to see the older generations still out there on the track! Way to go man... definitely an inspiration towards younger riders. :dblthumb

1 - 14 of 14 Posts