Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since our ride was posted on the board. Here it is, here.

Saturday June 26. Meeting at Starbucks in Leesburg 7:30. We will be leaving at 8 a.m. no later. If you are not someone who posted about going on this ride do not show up. You are not allowed to come. If you talked to someone who is on this ride and they invited you, that's fine.

Please be gassed up and ready to roll before 8. Pace will be slow to moderate in the a.m. and will eventually pick up steam as the day flows on. Full gear is expected. Please no passing each other without permission. Let's keep this ride organized and stress free. Nothing urkes me more than someone passing me just for the hell of it on the street. Especially when you have no clue where we're going. If that happens, I will immediatley turn and take another road so we loose you. If I'm going too slow, wait until we take a break and let me know, I'll let you lead from then on out. My pace is always spirited but uses discretion for road debris.

See you in the a.m. gentlemen. :)

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If the weather turns shitty like it's starting too, I may not ride tomorrow. I'll post up around 6:30 a.m.. I just recieved word from a friend that the storms are pouring some hard rains in the area of Harrisonburg. :(

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great ride today guys. I didn't keep track of miles though. I'm sure its some where near 500. Dan, Tony, Coleman (the fastest senior citizen I know. :) ), Frank, Chris and Kevin... thanks for such a smoove ride. Even though I took a wrong turn first thing in the morning. Until next time.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Thanks fellas

Thanks big time to, Kevin, Frank, Chris, VVV, Yakky, and the rest of the SBN crew that I can't remember names, for letting a senior citizen tag along on the ride yesterday and for the great time. The ride was fantastic, super fantastic and safe. My mileage was something like 500. And my knees were talking to me when I got home too. :)

Only one nick in the ride, gravel on one of the backroads. Even that was no problem, we took it in stride, and moved on.

As you all can see, I am a ride freak!! :D I love this chit.

I talk a lot on the net, but like I always say, doing it, speaks better then words across the internet.

Again, thanks big time.

ceh
2001 GSX R1000
2003 RC51
(63 & fast)

p.s. I had to re-register again to get into post. Will sportbikes.net return??

p.s.#2 It doesn't get any better than this.. :)

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cehowardrx7 said:
Only one nick in the ride, gravel on one of the backroads. Even that was no problem, we took it in stride, and moved on.

p.s. I had to re-register again to get into post. Will sportbikes.net return??
Sorry about that road, Some people like it and some people hate it. It's more of a dual-sport road not a sportbike road. I like all roads as long as their twisty. ;)

And welcome to the new SBN, hopefully Fred will be able to bring this one up to par soon.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, it's on the old board which is now locked but viewable. New accounts for everyone.

I really wish I could have brought my video camera for the ride, we were all in perfect harmony by the time we hit 33.

·
Registered
474 Posts
V V V said:
Yes, it's on the old board which is now locked but viewable. New accounts for everyone.
Well that's gay. :rolleyes:

V V V said:
I really wish I could have brought my video camera for the ride, we were all in perfect harmony by the time we hit 33.
That would have been nice. I wish I had broken out my camera as well. Well there is next weekend.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Blade-Runner said:
So our old account/profile is gone??
Frank, you got one of the baddest 600RRs on the east coast, if not thee baddest!! :D

The ride was awesome, and it is rides like this that I will remember when the old geezer can't throw a leg over... :D

ceh
2001 GSX R1000
2003 RC51
(63 & fast)

·
Registered
474 Posts
cehowardrx7 said:
Frank, you got one of the baddest 600RRs on the east coast, if not thee baddest!! :D

The ride was awesome, and it is rides like this that I will remember when the old geezer can't throw a leg over... :D

ceh
2001 GSX R1000
2003 RC51
(63 & fast)
:p It's Kevin. Frank has the 929

Thanks man, I'm glad you like the bike. :D

Anyone up for a ride this coming weekend. :D

·
Registered
321 Posts
Blade-Runner said:
:p It's Kevin. Frank has the 929

Thanks man, I'm glad you like the bike. :D

Anyone up for a ride this coming weekend. :D
Sorry Kevin, you all know I have reached the beginning stages of senility! :) And my memory sucks!! :)

ceh
2001 GSX R1000
2003 RC51
(63 & fast)

·
Registered
321 Posts
yakky said:
Nice ride fellas. I logged 370 for the trip on the GPS, I'm sure you guys had over 400 with the extra runs on 33.
Coming from a longer distance, my mileage was almost 500.

Nice meeting you too..

Be safe..

ceh

·
Registered
19 Posts
Great ride everyone! 33 is always a blast! You are one fast senior citizen ceh!!!
I logged 398 miles. Thanks for leading (once again) Phil. Great seeing everyone again. Can't wait to do it again!

·
Registered
321 Posts
R6Chris said:
Great ride everyone! 33 is always a blast! You are one fast senior citizen ceh!!!
I logged 398 miles. Thanks for leading (once again) Phil. Great seeing everyone again. Can't wait to do it again!
I got close to 500 miles, and I was with fast company, I had to keep up!! :) Great ride, good people, super road.. Life is dam sweet!! :)

ceh

·
Registered
43 Posts
Re: Danmoto long term reports

Since our ride was posted on the board. Here it is, here.

Saturday June 26. Meeting at Starbucks in Leesburg 7:30. We will be leaving at 8 a.m. no later. If you are not someone who posted about going on this ride do not show up. You are not allowed to come. If you talked to someone who is on this ride and they invited you, that's fine.

Please be gassed up and ready to roll before 8. Pace will be slow to moderate in the a.m. and will eventually pick up steam as the day flows on. Full gear is expected. Please no passing each other without permission. Let's keep this ride organized and stress free. Nothing urkes me more than someone passing me just for the hell of it on the street. Especially when you have no clue where we're going. If that happens, I will immediatley turn and take another road so we loose you. If I'm going too slow, wait until we take a break and let me know, I'll let you lead from then on out. My pace is always spirited but uses discretion for road debris.

See you in the a.m. gentlemen. :)
Damn those look bad ass:thumbup:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 17 of 17 Posts