Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and NiCD discussed this last nite, and set the above date for our monthly ride (seemingly) to the Mtns.

Not sure if we're camping, or just getting a hotel, but we will be staying the nite. We'll probably leave Saturday morning around 9:00am from wherever we all meet up at, and leave Sunday around 2:00pm (both of these times can change slightly if there's any objections).

This probably won't be like the last camping trip, unless someone is funding all the food and stuff.

So who's in?

edit: More details to come as the date gets closer.

·
Registered
355 Posts
id like to go. but will have to wait and see.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I want to go. obviously. I would not mind staying overnight, but if the majorirty do not then I am flexible and just the day ride to the mountains.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
I will most likely go. But I will come back the same day. The ride back is a ball buster but I don't mind riding through the night.
For those that haven't gone on one of these rides yet, you need to go. It really is a good experience.

·
Registered
791 Posts
sounds good. ill have to repost with a definent Yes next week though. BTW tragik, where is Sanford ?

The newer noobs than me should come as well. Dont worry about riding with a pack of speed demons. It'll be fun and a learning experience.

·
Registered
262 Posts
SalKhan said:
Will hot bitches be there?
no, but i will be!!

isn't that good enuff?

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SalKhan said:
Will hot bitches be there?
Are your sisters coming? :D

Snookay - Sanford is about 20 - 25 minutes south of Cary on US1.

A day trip is fine with me as well. The ride back isn't THAT bad either (well, it's no fun, but it's not terrible).

If we do the day trip, we won't be back till around 11 that nite (like the first trip we made), so free up your entire day.

For those that have never done a long day (over 500 miles), you should definately roll with us. It makes shorter rides (Around 100 miles) feel like absolutely nothing.

For the riders that don't like big speed, we'll keep it slow for you (well, atleast one or two of us will anyway :) ). The only time everyone really gets spread apart is in the twisties, but even then, we try to keep it together... slowing down in the straights, etc.

·
Registered
791 Posts
LYING ass tragik, u fools know u luv to speed especially in the straight aways @ the twisties.

I can see u now. BIG ass smile thinking "gotta get to the next twist ASAP" Really though it'll be safe and fun. I learned a shit load when I went last time.

Michelle i heard ur married so u should bring along some of ur friends. Where is endochic at? she should know some female riders. then there was that other girl with the 250.

·
Registered
262 Posts
SnookayDCC said:
Michelle i heard ur married so u should bring along some of ur friends. Where is endochic at? she should know some female riders. then there was that other girl with the 250.
i'm married with 3 kids....what kind of friends do you think i have? they are all also married with kids......no, they don't screw around.... :bitchslap

·
Registered
115 Posts
I agree with Tragik; long trips are fun, a great learning experiene, and tiring-but it is a fatigue that is well worth it. Nothing like a group ride in the mountains with really no timeline. Also it good time to build endurance and hone those skills while riding in the dynamics of a group. It help me increase situational awareness on the road that can be applied to shorter/local rides. Also there also some truth to safety in numbers.

Enough on the soapbox.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have not been on a ride with anyone here but mike Kazlab67 but I would be interested in joining for the ride. Could I get some details. Which mountains and which route. And why leave so late? I no none of you here know me but would just like to go.

·
Registered
791 Posts
mIchELe said:
i'm married with 3 kids....what kind of friends do you think i have? they are all also married with kids......no, they don't screw around.... :bitchslap

what type of friends do you think you have. I wouldnt holla at you because ur BF is a fellow biker and his bike looks like it could catch up to me quick :urowned but ur married friends.... rub my hands around their shoulder, thigh or waist and the good times will be on. :banana U can have the ugly 1 Sal :cheers

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
JF954RR said:
I have not been on a ride with anyone here but mike Kazlab67 but I would be interested in joining for the ride. Could I get some details. Which mountains and which route. And why leave so late? I no none of you here know me but would just like to go.

What's up man. Glad to see you back.
I will most likely go so you will know at least one of us. All the people posting are cool so no worries there. We all look out for each other and make sure everything is cool.
The route we have been taking is either 64 West out of Cary to 421 North, or I-40 West to 421 North. Both routes then take us through Greensboro to Winston Salem then straight through Wilkesboro up the Mountain to the Blue Ridge Parkway entrance at Deep Gap. We can get off there or continue on to Boone.
It would be great to have you along :cheers

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you raleigh boys got no probs with it, lets meet up at the corner of 64 and 15/501 again. Going to 40 is like going around my ass to get to my elbow....a little outta the way.

We can leave earlier if everyone is up to it...like, around 7:00am?

Also, I found/heard of a new road for us to take. Instead of getting off of 421, keep going straight (421 is a good road as well from what I've heard (once you get passed the bullshit). From there, take road/highway 67 somewhere in Tenesee, which isn't very far from where we normally go anyway.

Kazlab - whaddya mean glad to see him back? On here as a different name previously? Regardless, welcome bro.

·
Registered
355 Posts
when we go we need to push thru boone to mtn city, tn and on to damascus , va. there were ALOT of nice roads up ther. its not that much farther.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It all sounds good to me. I'll wait untill it's gets closer to Aug. 27 and all of the details get worked out. But you can count me in.

·
Back in Black
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wait until all the detail get worked out? HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH You obviously haven't even ridden with Kazlab much... You actually think we're organized! :eek:nfloor

The ONLY details that EVER get "worked out" is the time that we leave. The other details (like when we leave to come home, etc etc) get worked out when they happen.

details worked out.... :lao

edit: Some of our threads on here for group rides APPEAR to be organized, but all they really are is general ideas of what/when stuff is going to happen.

Here's the facts about this ride:

We WILL go to the Mountains on the 27th of August.
We WILL leave sometime that morning (the time will be set in stone sometime soon)
See above for further info :D

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
TRaGiK said:
Wait until all the detail get worked out? HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH You obviously haven't even ridden with Kazlab much... You actually think we're organized! :eek:nfloor

The ONLY details that EVER get "worked out" is the time that we leave. The other details (like when we leave to come home, etc etc) get worked out when they happen.

details worked out.... :lao

edit: Some of our threads on here for group rides APPEAR to be organized, but all they really are is general ideas of what/when stuff is going to happen.

Here's the facts about this ride:

We WILL go to the Mountains on the 27th of August.
We WILL leave sometime that morning (the time will be set in stone sometime soon)
See above for further info :D
Bahahahaha

That is my philosophy on life right there. My general answer for everything is "A definate maybe"
Yeah, we usually set a time to meetup and we will wait about 30 minutes for stragglers. We ride out and just go with the flow. We usually stop 2 times on the way, more if needed. Once we reach the top of the Mountain at Deep Gap, whichever way the group wants to go is the direction we go. I am all up for continuing past Boone on 421 and trying some new territory. It's all beautiful country up there so the destination is not an issue. The more the merrier, you are guaranteed to have a good time.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts