Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
You can mark me down as a "maybe". I haven't been advised if I ...have any plans...this weekend by the chick. I'll know more by tomorrow evening and will post up.

·
Registered
753 Posts
ride

Depends on length of ride, I am on call so am limited to staying within 40 minutes of Des Moines.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I can't. Rode 250 miles between last night and this am. Bike LOVES the cool weather front comes up easily in first 3 gears.

I rode by the fatal accident scene on the dam and looks like they may have hit the beginning edge of a guardrail b/c there was dark red stains in front of it and it seemed bent. Ouch. I did bow my head as I passed by...followed by shaking my head... Unnecessary loss of life. (Sorry didn;t mean to hijack your thread)

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
We should do that again and get a few more to come with us. Usually a good ride on mornings or Sunday afternoons. Don't like doing it at dusk b/c of deer.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
scotty said:
We should do that again and get a few more to come with us. Usually a good ride on mornings or Sunday afternoons. Don't like doing it at dusk b/c of deer.
Well how about next weekend. Everyone plan on that if you can.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
I've been advised I cannot attend. :(

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
I'm cleared for a Saturday ride as long as it doesn't exceed 4 hours :)

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
What does everyone have in mind for a route? I'm absolutely the wrong person to pick the path as I'm not very in-the-know regarding which Iowa roads are good for riding or not. I just know that one road between Indianola and Osceola, Highway 69. So, if someone has a particlar stretch of road in mind, speak up.

It wouldn't be that bad of an idea to start documenting on a website where the "good" roads are. Provide maps, GPS coordinates, pictures, etc.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I can't go saturday. RSX and I rode to Pella. Some nice long curves that you can see through, and a few long straights with no obstructions where you can top out your bike rather safely. You take the main road in Altoona past Walmart east and then when the road ends bear left and a quick right. You'll go all the way to Newton on that road. In Newton take a right at the Walgreens and that road will go 1/2 mile through town and take you all the way into Pella. Most corners are 45 mph that you take at indicated 100-130 mph. Very few cops on that route.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Might have to check that out, thanks.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
scotty said:
I can't go saturday. RSX and I rode to Pella. Some nice long curves that you can see through, and a few long straights with no obstructions where you can top out your bike rather safely. You take the main road in Altoona past Walmart east and then when the road ends bear left and a quick right. You'll go all the way to Newton on that road. In Newton take a right at the Walgreens and that road will go 1/2 mile through town and take you all the way into Pella. Most corners are 45 mph that you take at indicated 100-130 mph. Very few cops on that route.

If you guys take that route, stop and get me. I live in Newton.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Crankshaft said:
If you guys take that route, stop and get me. I live in Newton.
Walk outside your front doorstep and give me your exact GPS coordinates, and it will be so :)

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
TheWraith said:
Walk outside your front doorstep and give me your exact GPS coordinates, and it will be so :)
I don't have gps, but I only live a block from 1st ave (highway 6) which you will be on anyway. Just let me know if you are going and I will try to come to.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts