Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I thought I would organize my first group ride. I figure since I met some of you at BHF, I thought I could possibly meet some more of you if I got a group ride together. I was thinking maybe we could head somewhere out west... possibly Holy Hill, since I know its not a bad place to ride. Has some twisties, has some hills, has some gravel, blind turns, might be Holy... you get the idea.

Time would be around 11. Wait not around 11, it would be 11. That allows for no guessing as to exactly what time you need to show up.

Where - I am saying we meet at BFS.

So 11 this Sunday at BFS we will head out to Holy Hill, unless someone else has a better idea or knows somewhere better to go.

I will be there on my new ride. Its all black. Front could use some suspension work, but that will be later. Has a few miles on it, but it hasn't been ridden for a while. Probably could use a new chain as well. But hey its two wheels right?

There is only one thing I ask........















Can you wait for me as I can only peddle so fast on the bicycle and definetly can't keep up with all of you. :lao :lao

Sorry I just couldn't refuse to do that..... On a more serious note, TOM IS LOOKING TO GET A GROUP RIDE TOGETHER FOR THOSE THAT ACTUALLY HAVE A MOTOR BETWEEN THE TWO WHEELS AND CAN BE RIDDEN ON THE HIGHWAY AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS. All the same info above applies..... except that I am not included as my bicycle can't do highway speeds. :a2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts
I'm confused, but if Tom is really looking for a group ride on sunday, there's one out in middleton. There's a thread in the General WI, Diamond posted it, Moses is going.

I'm out, for sure, pretty sure at least. Unless you're good at fixing car brakes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
508 Posts
the canuck said:
Well I thought I would organize my first group ride. I figure since I met some of you at BHF, I thought I could possibly meet some more of you if I got a group ride together. I was thinking maybe we could head somewhere out west... possibly Holy Hill, since I know its not a bad place to ride. Has some twisties, has some hills, has some gravel, blind turns, might be Holy... you get the idea.

Time would be around 11. Wait not around 11, it would be 11. That allows for no guessing as to exactly what time you need to show up.

Where - I am saying we meet at BFS.

So 11 this Sunday at BFS we will head out to Holy Hill, unless someone else has a better idea or knows somewhere better to go.

I will be there on my new ride. Its all black. Front could use some suspension work, but that will be later. Has a few miles on it, but it hasn't been ridden for a while. Probably could use a new chain as well. But hey its two wheels right?

There is only one thing I ask........















Can you wait for me as I can only peddle so fast on the bicycle and definetly can't keep up with all of you. :lao :lao

Sorry I just couldn't refuse to do that..... On a more serious note, TOM IS LOOKING TO GET A GROUP RIDE TOGETHER FOR THOSE THAT ACTUALLY HAVE A MOTOR BETWEEN THE TWO WHEELS AND CAN BE RIDDEN ON THE HIGHWAY AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS. All the same info above applies..... except that I am not included as my bicycle can't do highway speeds. :a2
Love to, but can't... Auto-x on both Saturday and Sunday for me. (Amazingly, I'm currently the class leader overall for this season for both the scca and wai! I need to try to keep my position :D)

PS I'm pretty good with car brakes :).
 

·
No Whammy No Whammy STOP!
Joined
·
1,752 Posts
Well, Im going.

I was planning on going to the Middleton ride, but the idea of riding 2 hours on the highway at 7 in the morning just to go to a police escorted ride isnt my cut of tea.

So I am planning on doing my own ride. People are welcome to come along, but if no one does, it will be just me and my girlfriend on the back. Im not planninng on going fast, especially with someone else on the bike with me, so this will be a more relaxed sort of ride. We will ride "the pace" as it is referred to.
 

·
That's factory, yo!
Joined
·
3,666 Posts
Tom - give me a call this weekend - the net is down at my apt.
 

·
No Whammy No Whammy STOP!
Joined
·
1,752 Posts
Ill keep you updated Todd. I may have time Saturday night for a ride as well. It all depends on how long my cousins stay at my place Saturday.
 

·
Keeping WI HOT since 1998
Joined
·
2,917 Posts
VTEC_EATER said:
Well, Im going.

I was planning on going to the Middleton ride, but the idea of riding 2 hours on the highway at 7 in the morning just to go to a police escorted ride isnt my cut of tea.

So I am planning on doing my own ride. People are welcome to come along, but if no one does, it will be just me and my girlfriend on the back. Im not planninng on going fast, especially with someone else on the bike with me, so this will be a more relaxed sort of ride. We will ride "the pace" as it is referred to.
Sounds like something I could keep up with.
 

·
Motorcycles are sexy!
Joined
·
826 Posts
Hmmm... I should probably put a few miles on the bike this weekend before I head to the track next week. I've been bad, and neglecting my bike... we really need to get re-acquainted. I'll have to see if I can get my other obligations out of the way... If Ben can wake up early enough after his DJ gig with Scott, maybe he can come, too... :fiddy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,527 Posts
Wow, this thread is getting quite confusing. It sounds like there are 3 rides going on at once, 1 with vtec and his girl, 1 in Middleton with Diamond and 1 in Holy Hill with some guy named Tom. If anyone has the # just call me and let me know who is going to any of these (a whole lot less confusing for me) otherwise PM me and I'll shoot ya the #.
 

·
No Whammy No Whammy STOP!
Joined
·
1,752 Posts
Well, there are two rides going on this Sunday. Theres the one in Middleton with the police escort, and another that I am going on.

This thread is about the second ride.

So anyways, if anyone feels like coming out that would be great, but if not, I understand. I just feel like riding my Suzuki. You know its bad when your track bike puts on 10x's more miles a month than your street bike.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,001 Posts
funkyninja said:
...there's one out in middleton. There's a thread in the General WI, Diamond posted it, Moses is going.
I decided not to go on the ride to Middleton for the same reasons Tom posted above:

- 2 hour ride on the expressway
- police escorted ride
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,001 Posts
So what's the plan for tomorrow?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts
I'd like to go out tommorow, but 11ish would be the best time for me. I have tenative plans for early/mid afternoon, and then some Texas Hold'em @ 6pm. So, if the ride IS taking place, give me a call. Moses, you got my number, Tom, I'll drop you a PM.
 

·
Jerk
Joined
·
990 Posts
funkyninja said:
I'd like to go out tommorow, but 11ish would be the best time for me. I have tenative plans for early/mid afternoon, and then some Texas Hold'em @ 6pm. So, if the ride IS taking place, give me a call. Moses, you got my number, Tom, I'll drop you a PM.
Where are you playing poker at? I'm planning on doing the VTEC ride (if I can wake up, I just got off work and it's a little after 4am) and then playing the badger poker event at 5:00pm at Mel's on Water Street. Unless you know of a better game...(see avatar) Talk to me at BFS, i'll have the Suomy gambling helmet, you'll know it is me right away.

Tom.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts
mr_druid said:
Where are you playing poker at? I'm planning on doing the VTEC ride (if I can wake up, I just got off work and it's a little after 4am) and then playing the badger poker event at 5:00pm at Mel's on Water Street. Unless you know of a better game...(see avatar) Talk to me at BFS, i'll have the Suomy gambling helmet, you'll know it is me right away.

Tom.
Tom, we've met before. It was awhile ago (read: followed you on the gs500 on the way to McDonalds off 13th/College), but I'll recognize you helmet or not.
 

·
No Whammy No Whammy STOP!
Joined
·
1,752 Posts
The plan is to meet at 11 at BFS, then head out west, maybe take 18 out to 83, then up to Holy Hill for a bit, come back down, hit up highway C, maybe try out watterville, and the roads south of 18, ZZ, and the like. Maybe SPA if we feel like going out there.

I dont know those roads very well, but I really do not plan on leading. I know, what a crappy organizer I am, but I will have my girl on the back and we wont be going too fast. We will be the back marker.

But now you kinda have an idea. If anyone wants to lead, ahem... Brian... that would be cool. Otherwise I can lead, but it will be a slower pace. Just an FYI.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,001 Posts
11 o'clock it is...I'll see you there!!!!!
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top