Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
RIDE SUN April 9th

:smilierr

So, anyone riding this Sunday, the 9th? Weather won't be too bad, mostly sunny and into the 50's.

Hoping to ride North Terr and Ingham Co Jackson Co area. Maybe see some of you out that way?
Given the lower temps, I'll most likely ride the silver/grey R1200ST.

I usually end up at the Michigan micro Brewery at M-52 and I-96 (NE corner behind gas station) to relax and have a pint and some peanuts before the long boring ride home to the far east siieede in Warren.
So stop in there before you head home!
:cheers

:80500

·
Registered
222 Posts
Ill take a look at my schedule and see whats sup I might be down for a ride on Sunday. ill get back with you here or on DSB. My buddie will deffinutly go with us he just bought a new gsxr 600 and will ride with just about anyone at the moment.
Hey did you ride to work today I did and had to be here at 4 AM, it was a bit chilly but the ride home should be nice.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DAMN!
I came soo close to riding in, but here the dewpoint was too high, temps too low, and humidity too high (= the dreaded black frost!). Everything was frosty when I got up at 6am; and the roads were quite damp by work here in FarmHills (It's always wetter/colder out this way). The temps were higher at 5-6am than they were at 6-7am, which is normal. It's usually coldest just before dawn, before the sun can start heating things up.
With all the carnage out this way from yesterday morning's weather, including local newz coverage of cars sliding on the bridge right by work here, figured I better play it safe....

·
Man on a Mission
374 Posts
I wish I could but I have drills this weekend :(. Enjoy your ride!

I rode in this morning. Weather was much nicer than when I rode in Tuesday. The ride home should really be pleasant. I didn't notice any slippery rodes at all this morning (forgot to mention this was about 6:30am). I head down I-96 eastbound to Wixom.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I know I'll be out on Sunday for a run to Westland and I may make the ride out that way after. It all depends on if a friend of mine gets his body kit in for his car. I told him I'd help with the install Sunday afternoon. I haven't made it out that way yet this season so in case I don't, Mille, can you report back on the road conditions.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
RIDE SUN 9th

Weather's lookin' good for Sunday!!!

An interum spot I stop at for 15-20 minutes is at the gas station at M-23 and North Terr; on the SW corner. (S of I-96)

If my new riding aquaintance prods me enough and gets me going by 10-10:30, should be at that gas station by 11:30am...

We'll take an alternate route from Warren due to 696 being closed around Telegraph on the wknds.
Prolly go 696 to Southfield to 96W to M-14W to Beck Rd, pick up N.Terr and cruise on to da gas station...

·
Registered
222 Posts
I got to work on Saturday I hope the wife lets me get out on Sunday!!! I'll Send you a PM Mille with my cell phone. I know what gas station your talking about I think its a sunoco. ill post up tomorrow and let you know for sure.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Count me in!!

Mille count me and a friend in tomorrow. I'm gonna PM you my cell #. But 11:30 AM will work for us see you at the gas station.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
(yaawwnn...............)

Just got up....

If I leave home by 10:30 I should be able to make it there by 11:30, but keep forgetting abt the 696 closure. Have alternate route planned already, but no clue if it's as fast or slower than what I normally take.

The variable on my end is if my Sig-Other (avid rider, FZ1) comes along, and in what capacity. She just had an ingrown big toe nail removed Fri aftrn and is limping about. Soo, she may not be able to shift, in which case I may be 2-up, or solo.

Also hope to bring an old highskewel friend along who recently upgraded to a '05 Sprint ST, pretty blue thing it is, "triple theme" all over the bike.
The Dingdong doesn't really do email due to dial-up and therefore also doesn't do forums, but is partially married to his cell (his wifey is jealous).
I, on the other hand, have no cell, and very much like it that way! So we'll use my GF's cell, or his.

·
Registered
300 Posts
well being im a west sider ill have to wait on this one hehe.

that and i am tearing down some of the tlr today. i sold the kerkers on it and i am waiting on the payment to get to me. then i can send it and the rest of what i have saved for a yoshi full system for it wooo hooo :banana that and i think i will try to get my buddy to do a paint job on it and get rid of the ugly yellow stripes, on the black paint while its in tear down.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Godzuki1100 said:
well being im a west sider ill have to wait on this one..... /QUOTE]

Well, don't forget, that brewery we're going to late afternoon / early eve is very near to Lansing. It's about as far from K'zoo as it is from Warren (N of Det).

We may also make it to Mason, near Lansing, kinda mid-afternoon-ish. There's a small bar (Mason Jar? Mason Pub?) That's right off one of the four "corners" of downtown Mason. I think it's just off the SW corner of the town square?

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'm down for riding tomorrow. The Sunoco at 11:30? Was just out there in the cage about an hour ago. North Territorial runs right into downtown Plymouth so it's a straight shot for me.

See y'all there :headbang

·
Registered
300 Posts
Well, don't forget, that brewery we're going to late afternoon / early eve is very near to Lansing. It's about as far from K'zoo as it is from Warren (N of Det).

we have a excellent brewery here in kalamazoo called BELL's

ITS OBERON SEASON

i just had one last night mmmmmmm good.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Breweries !

Ah yes, Bell's. Good stuff!
The biggest beer/wine/liquor retail store in MI is located about two miles from me. They carry a lot of Bell's product.

Also have several micro-breweries near me:

DragonMead in Warren

Kuhnhenn's(sp?) in Warren

Big Baraboo's (to me, a kinda-pseudo-microbrewery)

Royal Oak Brewery

:cheers

:beer

:banana

·
Registered
315 Posts
All in all it was a good ride, just ended on a bad note. Hate to see nice bikes get tore up like that. Thank god no one got hurt. A big thanks to the Ducs Unlimited club for putting together a great ride and letting me tag along. Had a great time and saw some great roads I never would have found otherwise.

Mille - Did everything go alright with the LEOs that stopped? After they showed up me and a couple others just headed back to the Sunoco, figured we'd just be in the way if we stuck around... Did those guys have someone who could bring a truck to get the bikes home? Also, were you going to post a couple of those group pics you took?

Stay safe everyone and remember to wear your gear!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yo, Killa.
Yea I went home and got my truck and picked up both bikes. One of the guys was my buddie on the new gsxr 600. He went to the hospital last night, just had bumps and bruses, and a twisted not broke ankle. I have his bike still in my truck, I'm going to snap a few pic and post em of the aftermath. Nice meeting you and hope to do more riding with everyone again.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Glad to hear that all was well at the hospital. They were both pretty lucky that they slid straight down the road... lots of stuff on both sides. Their gear was worth every penny since they were able to just hop up afterwards. It's a real shame about your buddies bike, at least it looked mostly cosmetic, except for the clip-on and what not.

It was nice meeting you too, and I'm sure we'll all get together and ride again this season.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts