Sport Bikes banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Im coming this sunday no matter what! Two questions. Should I be decked out in leathers? Is this a pleasure cruise or a twistie knee dragger ride? Since this is numero uno for me these are very important ?'s. See everyone on sunday!!!!
:lao

josh, wear what you like this is not a track run, its pleasure, but like mharrison said you wear what is confortable to you. take in the weather temps and pending where we ride will depend on the jackets coming on an off a lot.

me ? i dont have leather pants so i do leather jacket blue jeans and boots and gloves and call it a day.

but it is all up to you dogg.

glad your ass can finally make a ride.

for all those u missed u might owe us lunch :lao

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Yeah, we can start at Shiloh and go to Pineville on 501. This looks like a fun route:
Map
It's about 45 miles.

Or Brandon-Silvarena-Forrest is around 75 miles
MAP

These both include Hwy 501 which is the Twisty mapped on motorcycleroads. A guy who lives out that way told me the surface of Hwy 501 wasn't all that great, so we'll see. He also said he hadn't been down it in a while.

The only other one nearby that looked interesting was state road 102 from Forrest to Philadelphia and it didn't look very twisty on the map.

matt,
can u print these out and lets do these routes. at least it is different and something new.
charles offered out about ole miss roads but thats a 3 hr drive north and i dont have the trailer or the truck to haul that many bikes. unless someone else does ???

:bitchslap

·
Registered
468 Posts
charles offered out about ole miss roads but thats a 3 hr drive north and i dont have the trailer or the truck to haul that many bikes. unless someone else does ???
:bitchslap
WTF do you need a trailer for? I don't know about the Ninja, but my Katana can make it to Oxford....:neener
Just kidding. Anyway, I think the fairly local roads will be better since we'll get more twisty time in.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Im coming this sunday no matter what! Two questions. Should I be decked out in leathers? Is this a pleasure cruise or a twistie knee dragger ride? Since this is numero uno for me these are very important ?'s. See everyone on sunday!!!!
Uuhhhh, there will be NO Knee Dragging for my slow pace. But some of the other guys will be dragging. I do wear armored jacket,boots, gloves. 50/50 on my JR armored pants.

Nobody has said what time Sunday morning? I cannot make it real early due to family. Possibly around 10:00-11:00 for me. I could meet up later if needed.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Uuhhhh, there will be NO Knee Dragging for my slow pace. But some of the other guys will be dragging. I do wear armored jacket,boots, gloves. 50/50 on my JR armored pants.
No, knee dragging is optional! :lao A few of the leaders will be really be smoking, but there are people riding all sorts of paces with this group.

Nobody has said what time Sunday morning? I cannot make it real early due to family. Possibly around 10:00-11:00 for me. I could meet up later if needed.
Kris initially suggested 10 a.m. at the Texaco by Home Depot in Brandon. That works for me too.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
what does that mean ?
Just to let you guys know to look at stickied section for it and that the moderator said that if gets too inactive that he will most likely remove it from sticky section. It is the most important thread ( IMHO ) so i asked him to sticky it after he had offered too. I figured he is seeing a little more action in our subforum as of late. But remember ( outside of this posting ) this thread is for ride set-up only. Not general Chit Chat...that's for Mississippi People thread.

·
Registered
20 Posts
hey every one this Sunday is suppose to be 67* and slightly cloudy with only a 20% chance of rain sounds like great news to me. lets ride my crew is already down so what you guys say

21 - 40 of 67 Posts