Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this :idea and figured I would start a specific thread that we could use to post up to try and schedule rides. We need to try and get more riders we meet to come to this website/URL to check in for rides. If it works great! :dblthumb If not, well....I tried.:moon

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alright, at this point looking to warm up most by Wednesday and Wednesday evening w/ slight chance of rain ( Of course always subject to change ). How about an urban ride Wednesday night. Say meet up 7:00 at Hooters? It will be my last chance to ride until after Christmas.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, at this point looking to warm up most by Wednesday and Wednesday evening w/ slight chance of rain ( Of course always subject to change ). How about an urban ride Wednesday night. Say meet up 7:00 at Hooters? It will be my last chance to ride until after Christmas.
So is it 7:00 or 8:00 at Hooters Wednesday night? Weather still looking good. Who all will be joining? Please reply in this thread.:headbang

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, Hooters 7pm Wed Dec. 19th. I'll be there. If we wait until 8pm that will be less riding time for me.

Sound OK?

I sent a text message to Chris from Yazoo City. Hopefully he and some of his buddies will show up.
I agree...If Byram Chris cannot make it til 8:00 we will meet back up there with him at 8:00 and maybe others.Talk to ya later.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
yep guys think this is it for the holidays. to cold today. not planning on getting out got to much now to do at the house plus not 100% all areas will be dry and im sure most of port gibson will be filled with hunters today and muddy.

matt see what you get on the maps and get something set up to take a trail run.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I know its only Tuesday, but the weather shows 70's for this weekend. Lets plan to meet up and ride Sunday!

I'm thinking the Texaco in Brandon by the Home Depot around 10am. Then we can hit up Shiloh and some other roads. Who's up for it?
You talking about this one Kris? If so, I'm in. I'll try to get my friends from Yazoo City along as well.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I got this straight from a Rankin County S.O. officer.

Several residents and business owners have complained about motorcycles speeding down Shiloh Road. Rankin County S.O. has added three additional patrols in the area within the last month. I would expect the police presence to be high on a warm weekend day.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Yeah, we can start at Shiloh and go to Pineville on 501. This looks like a fun route:
Map
It's about 45 miles.

Or Brandon-Silvarena-Forrest is around 75 miles
MAP

These both include Hwy 501 which is the Twisty mapped on motorcycleroads. A guy who lives out that way told me the surface of Hwy 501 wasn't all that great, so we'll see. He also said he hadn't been down it in a while.

The only other one nearby that looked interesting was state road 102 from Forrest to Philadelphia and it didn't look very twisty on the map.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im finally in!

Im coming this sunday no matter what! Two questions. Should I be decked out in leathers? Is this a pleasure cruise or a twistie knee dragger ride? Since this is numero uno for me these are very important ?'s. See everyone on sunday!!!!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Our pleasure cruises ARE twisty knee dragging rides! LOL, seriously, some come in leathers and some come in t-shirts. I prefer my armored leather jacket, armored JR pants, & setup boots.....But I always dress for the crash.:):)

If you try to keep up with the leaders you WILL be hanging off your bike.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts