Organizing a mid/east TN ride from Something Awful forums, but also inviting others to come ride since our group will be small. Some people coming over from Chattanooga and Knoxville. Not far from Nashville/Murfreesboro also.Here are some specifics. These directions are my interpretation of this map http://www.booger-hill.com/laager.htm
- Meet at 11:00 AM CDT (noon eastern) in McMinnville. We'll get something to eat and fuel up. Does anyone know a good place to meet in McMinnville or should we just say downtown?
- Take 56 south to Altamont. We'll stop here to make sure everyone's in good shape. (22.5 miles)
- Continue south on 56/108. (4.5 miles)
- Turn left onto 108 east towards Greutli. Stay with 108 all the way to Whitwell. Stop here for a stretch. (22 miles)
- Take 28 north until we hit Cookston Rd/Old Whitwell Hwy. (8 miles)
- Take Old Whitwell Hwy/W Valley Road to Daus Mountain Road. Turn left here. (2 miles)
- Follow Daus Mountain Road until it hits 399. Stop for a stretch. (11 miles)
- Turn right on 399 and follow that to Cagle. (10 miles)
- Turn left onto 8/111. (4.5 miles)
- Turn left onto 8. We'll take this all the way back to McMinnville. (19.5 miles)
Total mileage of 104 miles. First leg is 22.5 miles, second leg is 26.5 miles, third leg is 21 miles, and fourth leg is 34 miles.
We found this map/route and thought we'd check it out.
Its in the area of the LEFT GREEN SQUARE. The right square is the Deal's Gap area, I'll be riding there Monday/Tuesday of next week if things go to plan.
Open to anybody/any type bike, but we'll be riding at a slower pace since we've got some new riders coming and we don't know the area. Bring your gear and leave your stunts at home if you want to come. Right now we've got my FZR600, two GS500s and a Ninja 250 confirmed coming.