Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
or amber if turning.

First, I'd like to say that these pics don't really do it justice, particularly the amber ones. What I have is red LEDs in the vents that run all the time, unless I have them switched off, and amber LEDs that flash when my signals are on.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
As you can see, you can barely see the amber lights in the vent, but in real life you can. They don't put out as much light as the red, even though I have four more LEDs in amber. BTW, the bright amber spot is from my new flush mounts.

Also, I know it looks janky on the inside, but it DOES look clean on the outside, and that's what counts.

·
Registered
217 Posts
2_wheeled_slave said:
As you can see, you can barely see the amber lights in the vent, but in real life you can. They don't put out as much light as the red, even though I have four more LEDs in amber. BTW, the bright amber spot is from my new flush mounts.

Also, I know it looks janky on the inside, but it DOES look clean on the outside, and that's what counts.

nice, maybe if you took the pictures under a low light (maybe a street light) then the lights would come out better in pictures?

where did you install the switch? its all water proof? and lastly from the switch does it go directly to the battery?? thanks.

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
wow, I like the finished product..
I was looking for an idea on how to combine a string of LED's.. Right now I only have two in each vent hole, just to test if I liked it.. Now I want to put a bunch of them in.. I like the "daisy chain" idea you used.. A little heat-shrink tape, and it'll work nicely..
Looks nice.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jon341427 said:
nice, maybe if you took the pictures under a low light (maybe a street light) then the lights would come out better in pictures?

where did you install the switch? its all water proof? and lastly from the switch does it go directly to the battery?? thanks.
I used my girlfriends new camera, and neither of us are too terribly familiar with it yet, so maybe I'll try to give that a shot.

I installed the switch in between my triple and my tank. It is a DPDT (double pole, double throw) which means I run 2 separate lines to it that are hot, and two separate line out that can be turned on and off. My hot lines were the running lights from each respective signal. Now if I'm riding down the street, I may want to turn off the red if I see a cop. The reason I didn't use an always hot line, such as it would if it came from the battery, is because I wanted the red to turn off while my signal is going. This way, I have it red all the time except when I signal, then the red goes off completely (on the side my signal is on) while the amber LEDs flash in conjuction with my normal signals. After I turn my signal off, the red comes back on.

Hope that made sense.

Punkwood2k said:
wow, I like the finished product..
I was looking for an idea on how to combine a string of LED's.. Right now I only have two in each vent hole, just to test if I liked it.. Now I want to put a bunch of them in.. I like the "daisy chain" idea you used.. A little heat-shrink tape, and it'll work nicely..
Looks nice.
Thanks. It took a little work (soldering and taping), but it worked pretty good. I got a hundred amber LEDs + resistors from a dude in Hong Kong for $12 and some change, and I got 30 of the red + resistors from another dude in HK for around $5. It worked out pretty well. I'm thinking about adding more of the amber, but for now, I'm done with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts