Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fast paced sport ride..gear and brains required, please check the ego's at the door. We will be logging 300+miles so eat your wheaties.

If rain comes...then we will be riding Sunday.

Leaving from Middleton in the AM. Will post more details after seeing interest..

·
$460 gets a Japbike
676 Posts
Please define fast paced?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
well.....its fast the most important thing i can say is just ride in your ability and dont worry about whos in front, its not a race......we always wait at turns and stop signs so.. dont worry about and come along but you should have helmet jacket gloves and and riding boots and pants are a plus if you dont have at least 4 of the mentioned ......the ride might not be for you, but i am not leading this so its dirks call.. SAFTEY is our main goal..

·
$460 gets a Japbike
676 Posts
ZXXX6RN said:
:lao :lol
Please explain reaction to question on pace.......?

I've been on a few so-called fast paced rides before, which generally consisted of posted 45mph and faster sweepers every 10 miles that lasted for a couple of miles..... When 300+ miles is quoted in a days ride that usually means thats what you can expect, if you did 300+ miles with solid twisties 30mph corners and slower then you may just be out for 8 to 10 hours of riding. Plus you show me anyone who can ride hard twisties for 5 or more hours and I'll show you a hero.

This is why I asked the question, please define fast paced, as in possible idea's of the route.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
UK_R6 said:

I've been on a few so-called fast paced rides before, which generally consisted of posted 45mph and faster sweepers every 10 miles that lasted for a couple of miles..... When 300+ miles is quoted in a days ride that usually means thats what you can expect, if you did 300+ miles with solid twisties 30mph corners and slower then you may just be out for 8 to 10 hours of riding. Plus you show me anyone who can ride hard twisties for 5 or more hours and I'll show you a hero.

This is why I asked the question, please define fast paced, as in possible idea's of the route.

We will not be out for 10 hrs to log 300 miles...We will be out for about 5 hrs of hard riding...No boasting here...just prepping. I dont know what to tell you about "fast"...If I am leading a ride...I take it up as far as seems appropriate. If you are a 45 in a posted 45 rider...this ride is not for you. If you like to put 300 miles of twisties at a nice pace,,,then you have the right group..thats all.
I ride 17k miles a year in SW Wisconsin and know the roads.....It will be a nice ride. Gp star has ridden with me as have several others here. We'll have fun!

I don't post ride routes...Po Po lurking about on these forums...

...hope to see some new faces :)

ps...Last trip to the gap..1500 miles in 4 days...

·
I like white pants
865 Posts
I would absolutely LOVE to do this ride, but you had to pick the weekend when I'm gone riding in Michigan :bitchslap

Im sure there will be another time :beer

·
Registered
1,027 Posts

Well you're a good rider, and fast to boot... nothing bad :) especially not for the man that mows japbike's lawn!! :lol

·
$460 gets a Japbike
676 Posts
ZXXX6RN said:

Well you're a good rider, and fast to boot... nothing bad :) especially not for the man that mows japbike's lawn!! :lol
Well I used to mow Japbikes lawn.......
But not anymore, back in milwaukee, for a little while anyway, heading out to OK in a couple of weeks, for a new job so I can buy me an RC51 LOL....

I really want to do this ride, and if I can get hold of a front tire for my buddies Gixxer 750 I will be doing it
The one that on it now seems to have issues with him doing wheelies and is shaped like a golf ball.....

·
Keeping WI HOT since 1998
2,917 Posts
If anyone wants to party after the ride is done, let me know. My dad lives about 1 hr from Milwaukee and 45 min. from Madison to the north. He will be having a bonfire, beer, booze, and cookout for my and my brother's birthday that day. I can give directions if anyone's interested.

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
If I had a street bike that could keep up (and go more then 50 miles without needing to fill up with gas), I'd certainly meet up with you guys. My goal over winter is to get my track bike street legal.

·
No Whammy No Whammy STOP!
1,752 Posts
Well, I would love to come up, but Im a FIB now. So coming up all the time to go riding, just isnt going to happen. I know this would be a fun ride, but Im a pussy on the streets, and if I went out riding without the g/f she would be pissed. So I think Ill have to say Im out for this weekend.

·
Already Sick of Winter
3,273 Posts
sexyicecold said:
If anyone wants to party after the ride is done, let me know. My dad lives about 1 hr from Milwaukee and 45 min. from Madison to the north. He will be having a bonfire, beer, booze, and cookout for my and my brother's birthday that day. I can give directions if anyone's interested.
i'm afraid i'll miss the ride too. i was hoping to do some of the sw roads this weekend but it didn't pan out. i'm missing KP like a mofo.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Prior engagement here. Please keep posting rides out that way though, as I'm always up for some spirited 'safe' riding.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
VTEC_EATER said:
...but Im a FIB now.
Damn FISH!

BTW, Tom...I got your message on Sunday. I was on the bike down to the lakefront for the fireworks. I've got your stuff whenever you're around.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
16 replies....only one to ride....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm????

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
dirkmc3 said:
16 replies....only one to ride....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm????
Welcome to the SBN WI Forum!

In addition, this ride is west of Madison where as most of us are in SE WI. I thought you were one of the guys from MSB...if not try over there, you'll probably get a better response.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just looking for some new riders...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts