Sport Bikes banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off: This Sack of Sh—'asked' me to help him load his f’ing canoe onto his pick-up. (Not the first time). I told him I was late, but he was blocking me in, so I had no choice. Get to the Gas Station and some freakin’… @#$#$ squeezes his ’73 Chevy Nova past my bike to get at the pump in front of me. Misses me and the bike by an inch, if that @ 15 or 20mph. By this point, I’m late, there’s steam exiting my helmet from all these slacker [email protected]#$ 's in my face. I was border-line at that point. Not thinking rationally. I then hit dead-stop traffic on the road leading to freeway. Looked like 20 minutes just to get to on-ramp so I started lane-splitting [not illegal in California, but it should be]. Passed some construction worker in a pick up and he lost his temper. I just didn’t care. Got on the freeway and lit her up. This turkey is so far back after about 3 seconds, I'm gone before he can finish his explatives.

So I’m merging to the right on freeway @ 85+ now, when I see debris on the road in front of me. Swerve to avoid it only to encounter a large floating plastic concrete bag. Swirling winds take it right into my path like a f_cking vacuum cleaner and there’s nothing I can do. I hit it, but thankfully I roll over it, and it doesn’t get hung up in my suspension, engine or air intakes.

So once I get back up to speed after realizing that I’m not hung up, I see Semi’s stacking up in front of me… Follow these for about 20 miles @ 45mph until it opens up to 2 lanes. I downshift and smack the throttle again, this time all cars/truck in front of me are getting out of my way - quickly. I think they could tell by how fast my lights were coming up on them that it was the best thing to do… ie: Not courtesy, but rather self-preservation. I get over the top of this rise and there, again, right in my path, a large cotton sleeping bag, almost standing up in a ‘V’. If I hit this thing at speed there's no going over it or under it... Tried not to target-fixate. Looked past it and did another swerve to get around it.

I can’t help but feel that the Universe was trying to tell me something today… Like: ‘Sell the f_cking bike before something really bad happens’, or maybe 'Don't ride if you're pissed-off, or in a rush to get somewhere...' Prob. I broke at least 3 traffic laws this morning, admittedly, two of which were speed-related. Grrrrr.... I let the traffic and my being late get to me. I'm not usually like that. If I got passed by a bike - like the irate dude did this morning, I'd have been equally pissed off. Prob. I'll just drive my POS pick-up to work for a while & stay off the FZ until I get my sh__ back together.

Perhaps the only positive from this crumby commute day: FZ performed flawlessly. Responded well to everything I threw at her.

·
Registered
376 Posts
hehehe, I break at least 3 traffic laws everytime I go out, lol.. I wouldnt worry about that.. Just take some deep breaths. When your in a hurry in the first place thats usually when things go wrong.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I would like to know who on this board actually DOES the speed limit, considering the FZ breaks all city speed limits in first gear alone?

Ok feel free to post this on the squid thread someone :moon

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
klouseau said:
I would like to know who on this board actually DOES the speed limit, considering the FZ breaks all city speed limits in first gear alone?

Ok feel free to post this on the squid thread someone :moon
Yeah, but when I said I was breaking the posted limit, I did not mean like 'slap on wrist, pay squid fine'. You're correct in that we all prob. do that 30x a day just going out for a quart of milk.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I think riding angry is probably one of the most dangerous things I've ever done. Breaking laws was about the least of my worries, as I was pretty much asking to be smeared all over the road. Sometimes when I'm angry about non-riding things in my life, a ride is a great way to refocus and remember that life IS worth all the hassles.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
You're getting a spot in my squid thread. :)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
on my second day of having my bike there was a bent, twisted 10 foot aluminum ladder in my lane of 495(DC beltway). i was nervous when i saw it, but slowed down enough, hit the gap in the fast lane, and went around it. i imagine the person that hit it got pretty f-ed up

·
Registered
376 Posts
Fuzz Bomb said:
I think riding angry is probably one of the most dangerous things I've ever done. Breaking laws was about the least of my worries, as I was pretty much asking to be smeared all over the road. Sometimes when I'm angry about non-riding things in my life, a ride is a great way to refocus and remember that life IS worth all the hassles.
yes, I agree.. Riding angry is not good.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I alway go with this motto: Once you are late, you're always late. So, I just take my time and roll into work as soon as I can. No sence russing around like a chicken with an egg hanging out of your a$$. You get too many close calls that way. I'm sure your boss would rather you roll up late than in a wooden box. I know mine would. But, sounds like a bad day. We all have those. Just think, it can only get better from there!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Guess why I moved from NY to Montana. (besides the fact that I lost 35 Co-workers in the WTC)

Quality of Life is directly related to the amount of time spent in traffic.. :fiddy

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Heavy.

I'd probably move to Montana too, if I could make a living.

·
Registered
732 Posts
That sucks, man. I wouldn't worry too much, we all have days like that. I agree that you were relatively lucky to get away with riding pissed off and come out unscathed. Maybe some time in the pickup is the right call.

BTW, not all rides from Hell are so bad, this one is kind of nice:

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?do=rev&mo=ma&2si=gaz&1gi=0&un=m&go=1&2gi=0&1c=Dearborn Heights&1g=qIUJsbYfeew=&2tabval=address&1l=Q2AEASUTe5c=&2c=Hell&1da=-1.000000&1rc=A5XAX&1n=Wayne&cl=EN&2g=BDKxspJbvSE=&1s=MI&2l=tKfDNEuJYYA=&ct=NA&1v=CITY&2n=Livingston&1y=US&1tabval=address&1si=gaz&2s=MI&2da=-1.000000&2rc=A5XAX&2v=CITY&did=1123780644&2y=US&rsres=1

(sorry, thought some humor might help :lol )

1 - 16 of 16 Posts