Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what's everyones opinion of Ricky? Personally I think they should never let the guy back in the NFL. He should have to pay back the 8.6 million that he owes the Dolphins. I think if the Dolphins let him do this, it will open doors for other players to try and work the system. Dolphins need to remain firm.

Thoughts?

Full Story
MIAMI -- Ricky Williams will report to Dolphins training camp in July, according to his agent, Leigh Steinberg.

Steinberg told the Palm Beach Post on Friday that Williams "absolutely" plans to rejoin the Dolphins after retiring before last season. "Ricky's made the decision he wants to play again," Steinberg told the paper.

Williams' strong rapport with new Miami Dolphins coach Nick Saban is part of the reason why the running back is contemplating a return, Steinberg said Friday.

Williams and Saban have had "some steady dialogue in the last 10 days," said Steinberg, who would not discuss specifics or detail what would have to transpire in the coming weeks for the NFL's leading rusher in 2002 to rejoin the Dolphins.

"Ricky has expressed a desire and excitement about returning to the Dolphins and playing football this season," Steinberg said. "He's keeping in shape and has been involved in a rigorous training program."

Williams, however, did not sound as certain about his return in an online chat with a Sports Illustrated reporter on Wednesday night, saying, "I honestly do not know [about playing football again]."

Williams retired unexpectedly last July, shortly before the Dolphins opened training camp and began their tumult-filled season. Without him, Miami went 4-12, coach Dave Wannstedt resigned after nine games and the Dolphins averaged just 17.2 points and 275 yards per game -- their worst production since 1969.

The leading Dolphins rusher in 2004, Sammy Morris, had 523 yards -- well off Williams' total of 1,372 in 2003 and his NFL-best 1,853 from 2002.

Saban, who has continually remained open to the prospect of Williams returning, said the sides are "in the process of evaluating" some issues that could lead to a comeback.

As recently as February, when he was in South Florida for a hearing in a paternity case, Williams told reporters he was "enjoying retirement" and unsure if he'd ever return to football.

If Williams returns, he'd likely have to wait until July to un-retire. Otherwise, he would face a one-year suspension for his violations of the NFL's substance-abuse program.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Nick Saban should just turn and run from Ricky Williams. If he were to come back, it would just cause a whole new world of problems, and yes, it would promote the notion to other players that they can get away with whatever they want. The Dolphins just need to work Ronnie Brown in properly and they have what they need in a quality tailback. Ricky Williams completely turned his back on them and screwed the team over, why would you want to put someone like that back in your locker room?

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
He wants to play for to reasons. Pay back that $8 million and child support. As soon as thats done he's gone again. You still have to worry about him failing drug tests while he's playing. Not worth it.

·
SBN's Slowest Member
1,312 Posts
What a waste of talant.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
I want to see him comeback to the NFL. The last I heard he has lost 30 pounds of muscle so I for one think all he's going to do now is get punished.

·
Super Moderator
4,658 Posts
jluu6r said:
What a waste of talant.
No kidding. Weed ain't that good.

·
Registered
262 Posts
He went form like 230 and now weighs 195.....he is a basket case and i hope he rot's in hell for dismantling the psyche of my team :pisson

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
He'll probably suck. I'd never want someone like that on my team who can't even decide if he wants to play or not. He's had it in my book...but stranger comebacks have happened.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts