Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing a few VIR north days this season with TPM and NESBA. I'm looking for some local riders who are interested in getting in some track time.

Send a pm if interested.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what that blinking thing was. Sorry it took so long for me to reply but I finally noticed the pm.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another bump for those in the Richmond area. VIR is one of the nicest places to get in some track time.

I went down there on 26th and had a blast. The weather was perfect and you just can't beat a track day if you love the twisties. You get to lean the bike over with no fear of oncoming traffic or some form of debris around the next blind corner. You can go as fast as you want with no worries of LEO.

There were folks of all skill levels there. You don't have to be the next Rossi to enjoy a track day. I don't recommend it to a new rider but if you're comfortable on your bike and can hold your line through a corner you would be just fine on the track.

They have people there that can help you work on riding skills as well. All you need to prep your bike for the beginner group is some painters tape to cover your lights. They even have leathers you can rent if you don't own a riding suit.

Here are some folks enjoying themselves in the beginner group.

These guys were in the fast group.

I'm probably going back down on the 16th if anyone is up for it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you just want to "try the track" it's free. Two of the groups that put on track days there will allow you some free track time to get you hooked. I rode my bike to the track for one of the free days when I started. I just put some tape in my backpack and it was easy to tape the lights at the track in the morning. If you're going to do the full day I would suggest a trailer just in case something happens.

NESBA allows you to ride 2 free sessions in the morning. Team promotion lets you take a parade lap type thing during the lunch break. NESBA is the much better deal as far as free track time is concerned.

If you want to do the whole day it will cost 165 with NESBA for the south course and 185 for the north. The price with Team Promotion is 169 for both the south and north course.

You can check out each clubs website to get more informaiton

http://www.teampromotion.com/

NESBA : Northeast Sports Bike Association

Hopefully we can get a group of folks from Richmond interested and do the rideshare cookout thing :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts