Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a RF900R and someone had installed GSXR cams in it. I've heard a few talks about this seaming to be a pretty popular thing to do. From what I have found out I guess the GSXR cams had to be shortened to fit. Except I can't find anyone to tell me what advantage of doing this did for the bike. Is it suppose to be better for mid range or top end or what. Or if it was even worth it to do this. Like to know if I would be better off with the stockers.
Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
More aggresive cam lobe angle, quicker opening valves, takes some horsepower from thwe lower end and puts it above 9 grand. I for one like the low to mid range punch, it still has enough getup up tops as well.

Keith

·
Registered
7 Posts
triipn said:
Thanks, I too would rather have it down low. Now I just need to go locate some.

Kenny
It is a not so easy procedure to remove the cams, so be sure you know what your doing, and you have the manual when doing the jobs, because you can mess up the cam timing...

KEith

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not a problem

Thats the least of my worries, been working on bikes for years and every other kind of engines out there but thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've mentioned it before, the RF900 motor is an INTERFERENCE MOTOR CAMS ARE A BAD IDEA!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts