Sport Bikes banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an rf600 94 model. I was starting off from a traffic light intersection and I got to about 40mph. Then, half a block away from the intersection, the rear wheel just locks up. I pulled the clutch and the rear wheel did not begin to turn. Somehow I rode the bike to a stop without falling. The motor was still running in an idle with the clutch in, but the rear wheel would not budge. I turned it off and got a tow home. The shift pedal is stuck firm and after I took the chain off the wheel turned without a problem. So the front sprocket is stuck. Now I've got it up on a stand and took the oil pan off. In the oil pan lays a broken shift fork. I look into the engine from the bottom and from the clutch side and can see no damage to anything in sight. My question is: Will I be able to locate and replace the broken shift fork with the engine still in the frame? If so what special tools might I need? What should be my next step? Any info from anyone with any experience on the matter would be very much appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts