Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a new helmet and really like how these feel. Anyone have any direct comparisons of these two helmets? In the short time I was trying them on, I didn't really feel a difference between the two. It may just come down to looks. I'm thinking either the RF-1000 Badge or the X-11 Bostrom.

RF-1000 Badge

X-11 Bostrom

What do y'all think?

Troy

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
I think the X-11 is a tad lighter and has a better feel at speed. I have an RF-1000 and there's a little bit of noise and the helmet seems to move around some, esp. at speeds above 60mph; which might be great, a self-serving reminder that you're moving too quick.

·
Ducati Twins Rock
267 Posts
Both helmets are nice. The X-11 is supposed to be the racing model and it vents like crazy. However, it is generally noisier than the RF-1000 and a bit more expensive. Not saying the RF doesn't vent, but the X-11 is supposed to be the best ventilating helmet on the market today.

You can't go wrong with either one. Depends on what is a priority for you and of course, paint schemes. I haven't found an X-11 paint scheme I really like yet.

One thing I can tell you is that the RF still fogs quite easily. Not sure about the X-11, though.

BTW, the RF-1000 Badge is one sweet paint scheme.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
I have the X-11 and love it. It does vent like crazy to the point of having to close vents when it's not warm (very easy to do on the fly). It's extremely comfortable, light, and has great aerodynamics at speed. There's no buffeting even when turning your head sideways/back. I believe it comes standard with a breath guard and chin curtain for cooler weather. Colors/design are a matter of taste. :)

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I know nothing about the RF1000, but I do have the X-11, and I will say that I'm not sorry I bought it. Awesome helmet, only negative is that it is loud. Before this one, I had an RF900, and it saved my life, no doubt about it. Hit the deck hard enough to shatter (literally) one of my vertebre, but my head wasn't even sore.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I had an x11 for a short while... terrific faceshield removal system, light, plenty of vents and good faceshield locking system.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Get the X-11. I have the RF-1000 and it's a good helmet, but I think it's too close to some of the cheaper helmets for the price. The X-11 is probably one of the best helmets out there, so if you have the cash I'd go for it. If you want the RF-1000, look into the Scorpion EXO-700, it's supposed to be just as good/better in some areas and alot cheaper. I'm going to look into getting a EXO-700 soon to see if I like it better since I can't afford a X-11.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Kawa-ZX9 said:
Nothing can be loud until you try a kbc racer1. That thing is a rock concert. I would like to get rid of it on ebay I know no one wants to go near it.
:lol

That's why God invented ear plugs. I use earplugs regardless if I'm in my Shoei or Arai.

·
Registered
415 Posts
i used the Shoei RF1000 that color matched my 2005 Gixx, pretty comfy and nice vents....have it for 7 months now...

BTW, the RF-1000 Badge is one sweet paint scheme
+1

Attachments

·
old member
13,079 Posts
mikem317 said:
:lol

That's why God invented ear plugs. I use earplugs regardless if I'm in my Shoei or Arai.
+1000 to that. Wind noise does damage your hearing. I use earplugs every ride.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
RayOSV said:
+1000 to that. Wind noise does damage your hearing. I use earplugs every ride.
I seldom to it when I'm going unde 5K RPMs and just around town though. But when you're on the highway, between the pipe, tire noise, wind noise... I used to get that ear ringing sensation that would last a solid 15 minutes after I'm done riding, with earplugs, no pain.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Nolo said:
i used the Shoei RF1000 that color matched my 2005 Gixx, pretty comfy and nice vents....have it for 7 months now...

+1
That's a bad ass paint scheme. I know that Shoei made a Honda color scheme but I can't seem to locate one online and I'm definitely not going to the local stealership to get one!

·
Registered
415 Posts
mikem317 said:
That's a bad ass paint scheme. I know that Shoei made a Honda color scheme but I can't seem to locate one online and I'm definitely not going to the local stealership to get one!
thanks mikem317.......

check this out, maybe you'll find one that match your f4.....

Attachments

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
goto www.cyclegear.com , there's a store near you. they have a 30 day helmet guarantee. you can return a lid and get another or upgrade, if your not pleased w/ your purchase.

and i'll bet the x-11 is quite a bit louder then the 1000. the x-11 is a race helmet, light and airy......not quiet. just like my rx7-corsair.

wear earplugs in most helmets, anyway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an X-ELEVEN that I am extremely happy with, as for the noise issue, I guess I just haven't noticed it because riding my 600 seems quiet compared to what I am used to in motocross. Im sure someone on here will agree that 40 bikes side by side revved out at around 102dB each while wearing a helmet with and open eye-port makes street helmets feel kinda like riding in a mercedes. But I think you will be happy with either one of the helmets...and definately go to Cycle Gear to buy it, their guarantee is kinda like a wrong decision insurance...

·
Registered
524 Posts
I do wear earplugs with my KBC racer 1. Its not helping much with the noise. Its the design, the bottom of the helmet is pretty wide allowing too much air to flow in.

·
Registered
25 Posts
For my head the x11 didnt fit, too tight in medium and loose at the top of my head in large. But the rf 1000 seemed to fit good in large. So I think there is a difference in the shape of the helmets be sure to try them on before you buy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all the repies. Didn't know that the X-11 would be louder. That actually makes a pretty big diffference, as they both seemed to feel just as comfortable as each other. I will definitely check into Cycle Gear. Thanks for the heads up on that Racer.

Troy

1 - 20 of 24 Posts