Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this on my local news tonight and found it pretty sad. Somebody should shoot this bastard or better yet strap his ass to a tomahawk missle and send him on his way. Whether they were gay or not they still died for their country and should be respected no matter what.

Fred Phelps is the pastor of Westboro Baptist Church in Kansas, but he spends most of his time preaching hate toward homosexuals.

"He has a reputation, somewhat notorious, among the lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender community," said Brian Winfield, a spokesperson for Equality Florida.

Winfield says Phelps has been showing up at the funerals of soldiers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan. Phelps' web site says protestors will be at the funeral of Army Sgt. James Stewart, who died last week in Iraq. Stewart's mother lives in St. Petersburg.

"We think it's absolutely repugnant of Rev. Phelps to bring his message of hatred and bigotry not only to St. Petersburg, but to the doorstep of a family who really should be left alone," Winfield said.

Equality Florida is contacting Park Street Baptist Church to see if the church would like them to act as human shields at Stewart's funeral on Monday.

"We're willing to stand in between the hateful message of Rev. Phelps and protect the privacy of the funeral and of the family as they mourn," Winfield said.

A soldier from Ft. Drum, where Stewart was stationed, will accompany his mother during the funeral.

·
Registered
416 Posts
That is just pathetic!!! Words can't describe how I feel right now about that!!! What the fuck are they protesting about? I can't believe he isn't dead yet for doing something like that!!!

·
Registered
813 Posts
This is stupid.. if you're really THAT against gays.. go where the gays are.. what does anti-gay message have to do with a soldier who was killed serving his country?

·
Registered
18,682 Posts
Among the religious zealots, its never enough. More than compelling evidence for keeping religion out of government. How would you like to have this yahoo as your mayor?

As much as I'm a fan of free speech, I think the locals handled this poorly. Liberal protestors couldn't get within earshot of the Republican Convention. This seems a much more compelling reason for a buffer zone.

·
Registered
207 Posts
WEEI was talking about this psycho and his weird church Monday morning. He and the rest of his cult came to Marblehead, MA to protest at the funeral of Staff Sgt Christopher Piper.

Here is the article:
Marblehead Reporter

Margie Phelps said the protests may be disruptive to family members, but "as long as it's being made into a public ordeal, then all bets are off."
She added, "Thank God for the mortar. Thank God for the shell that came from the gun. Thank God for the fact that it killed the fruit of America to punish it for its sins."

Makes me sick to my stomach to know such people live in this country. If you don't like it here, then leave, go live somewhere else. How can you hold up a sign saying "thank God for the mortar" or "thank God for 9/11".

SINS! What are these sins she is talking about?! The only sin I know of that is worth punishment, is her and her church's ignorance... they give praise to the terrorists that killed all those people on 9/11. They have no tolerance for homosexuals. And they constantly talk about how every soldier fighting overseas should die. These are some sick and twisted people.

All those brave men and women are overseas fighting for freedom, our God-given rights, and all those people can do is abuse the right to freedom of speech, and bash the fallen soldier. In front of his grieving family no less.

Anyways... sorry for the long post. I get VERY heated when it comes to people bashing the military and the soldiers. My grandfathers served, my father served, and my brother is in the Army. I am very VERY proud of them. And have nothing less than the utmost admiration for them.

Edit:

And for those curious as to what the cult members are thinking... here is an article they wrote about their experience in MA.

Wack Jobs...and the way they think

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
Unbelievable.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I would love to see someone take this bastard out. In my opinion he needs to be tried as a terriost. It is sad to see that this indivual would use an event as sad as the funeral of a hero who died fighting so this jackass had freedom of speach to push his political agenda. Try that in Iran and see how far you get.
:hshot :mg

·
Registered
181 Posts
That's just sickening, sickening and so very scary. To think people have such hate as to do something that horrible.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Thats just discusting. I wonder how well he'd protest with every bone in his face broke. Freakin pathetic. I mean, what the hell, its a god damn funeral for christ sake!!!!
That pisses me off more then those little umbrella's in mixed drinks!!

·
Banned
1,587 Posts
WISPER said:
Thats just discusting. I wonder how well he'd protest with every bone in his face broke. Freakin pathetic. I mean, what the hell, its a god damn funeral for christ sake!!!!
If he had less rights or felt more powerless, he'd probably have found some explosives to strap to himself and become a martyr for God.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
WISPER said:
I'm not sure how the demonstration went in Marblehead, MA... still trying to find some coverage story on it.

I listened in on the WEEI 850AM Boston coverage though on the Dennis and Callahan show. Those "people" are spineless, good for nothing scum. They should be able to voice their twisted, warped views, but not at a soldier's funeral. That's absolutely disgraceful.

If there is a hell, there's definitely a reserved spot for them for all eternity.

:mg :ar

·
Registered
25 Posts
Im not even a very religious person. But the Bible says everyone is supposed to lvoe eachother. If someone is gay, spreading hate towards them is exactly what the Bible is against, but not many 'Christians' follow it, they just go to church.

·
Registered
207 Posts
A little side note to what this "church" (and I use that term loosely) is doing...

They are corrupting the minds of small innocent children. That makes me mad! These kids have no idea what is right and wrong. And from such a young age they are being raised to be world-class bigots.

Gotta love it.

I blocked out the faces... the girls looked to be about 2 years (maybe younger) and roughly about 4 years old.

Attachments

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
And people wonder why relegion gets a bad name.....its guys like that....if the soilder was gay thats HIS problem. The bible teaches we will ALL be held accountable for our sins and if the pastor believes his OWN bible then he should feel ok knowing that IF it IS a sin to be gay he will get his punishment (not that he will be punished im just saying thats what they believe) Im surprised he hasnt been sued yet.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
Reckless01 said:
....if the soilder was gay thats HIS problem.
Bad choice of words but good point. It's his PREFERENCE. He was born gay; genetic. There wasn't a multiple choice punchcard in utero: a. homosexual, b. hetrosexual, c. both a. and b.

·
From back in da' day
2,777 Posts
When i say "PROBLEM " i mean that its his "DEAL" meaning its no one elses BUISINESS, including that preacher...who decided to make it his "PROBLEM" nothing more.

·
Registered
833 Posts
What is really strange is that the soilder, as far as I know, wasn't even gay. The cult believes that American deaths in the war on terror are God's punishment for society's acceptance of gays. The reverend and his followers are protesting at any soldiers' funeral despite the fact that, in all likelihood, none of them were gay.

That's some twisted logic, eh?

Credit must also be given to the victim's families. It must take a superhuman amount of self control on their part to stand by and do nothing as a band of ass clowns disrespects your family at the funeral.

·
Kawpuke Extraordinare!
1,148 Posts
Unfortunately that stupid motherfucker lives here in Topeka. He used to, and I use the word used to be in the news around here all the time.. At one point our Police Department had "Phelps Duty" where they would actually send a Police Officer to standby wherever he picketed, usually churches, to make sure no one killed the stupid fuck. After that Chief Of Police left our new one basically told him to FO and they dont have to do it anymore. I still see his "Klan" around with there God Hates **** signs everynow and then, pretty much he gets ignored around here...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts