Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, call me naive, but what the hell is up with Harley riders and their lack of respect? Am I missing something?

Not only will they not acknowledge me with a hand signal but the majority of the time they pretend like they don't even see me, even if I'm unlucky enough to pull up next to one at the same light.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Because most of them are image riders. That's why they spend 20 grand on overpriced junk with 50 year old technology, and slather themselves with HD logos.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Actually, my experience:

Harley Guys - wave and BS at redlights
Chopper Guys - Wave and BS at redlights
Sportbike Guys - Nod and BS at Redlights
Weekend Yuppie Ass POS Harley Guys who only ride their bike 5 or 6 times a year and think they have something to prove to the real riders are the Snobby ones.

Funny Story -
This weekend was some big Harley blow out extravaganza on the Gulf Coast
There were more bikes at Olive Garden than Hooters, The Pool Hall, and Waffle House Combined. Times are a Changing

I've had REAL Harley Riders actually ask me about my bike and give me hard candy and everything else at a redlight.

·
Registered
488 Posts
to be honest, most bikers around here, be it harley or sportbikes have a little chip on their shoulder..it may be because 90% of NY are rude fuckers...I've had excellent convo's with harley guys though..

·
Registered
198 Posts
When I was out yesterday riding, I passed about 5 sportbike riders and every one of them waved to me. I passed 3 Harley guys and not one would even acknowledge me. Its too bad they have to be that way.

·
Banned
2,680 Posts
Both neighbors, on each side of my house, are very cool with me and even will switch rides with me anytime I want (of course they just want to ride my bike so they can feel young again, lol) and they both happen to be "Harley Guys". But, on the road, its a seems to be a different story with these guys...which leads me to believe it is an image thing. Course I've had days where more cruisers waved/nodded back than the "SS" riders.Well this happened maybe twice, I guess. If they dont wave back, fuck em, I'm not out there for them.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Who cares? Maybe they just don't feel like waving to ya.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Man, I've had more guys on harleys wave to me than guys on sportbikes. it seems to be worse in the summer though, in the winter you get the real riders, and then every single bike waves, but over summer you get the posers who have small cocks, they don't wave. I don't think brand really matters here.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
BurnMyHeartDown said:
Man, I've had more guys on harleys wave to me than guys on sportbikes. it seems to be worse in the summer though, in the winter you get the real riders, and then every single bike waves, but over summer you get the posers who have small cocks, they don't wave. I don't think brand really matters here.

+1 to that

Fair weather riders are the ones that suck and think that thier bikes is better than any other.Those that will weather the storm are the true to heart riders and don't care what you ride.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
The only group I've noticed wave less than the Harley guys are the ones on dirt bike/dual sports. I don't think I've seen a single one return a wave. As for Harley guys, I'd say about 1/2 wave, who knows what's up with the other 50%. Maybe they need to keep their left hand ready to quickly switch their tank to reserve when their engine starts sputtering :lol

Although to be honest, I find I wave less on my Harley myself. Not intentionally, but just because I'm typically day dreaming, where on my sport bike I'm always on my toes. Just by it's nature, the Harley is a much more relaxing ride.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
That's funny because at our last rest stop yesterday, my friend and I ran into a small group of "Harley guys," and we all got into a cool and funny conversation about all the farkles (GPS, radar detector, etc) on my friend's Interceptor. They looked like the real thing too - long hair, tats, leather, Harley mamas and all.

You can't generalize just because of a handful of riders. By the way, this is thread # 2,315,222 on this topic - why do a few of you care so much about what the so-called "Harley guys" think?

·
Old school fool
5,720 Posts
This is one of those recurring themes on the board, so I'll tell my Harley Guy story again.

One time I was broke down beside the road and a Harley guy stopped to help. When it became clear I wasn't going to get the bike going, he went home, got his truck and came back for me. He took me all the way home and wouldn't even take gas money.

That one guy's actions won my respect for all harley guys for all time. I wave first every time now.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Yea this is a popular thread. Let em cry, if not getting a wave ruins you day, shame on you.

·
Registered
488 Posts
tmkreutzer said:
This is one of those recurring themes on the board, so I'll tell my Harley Guy story again.

One time I was broke down beside the road and a Harley guy stopped to help. When it became clear I wasn't going to get the bike going, he went home, got his truck and came back for me. He took me all the way home and wouldn't even take gas money.

That one guy's actions won my respect for all harley guys for all time. I wave first every time now.
Excellent heart warming story, one that will pull on my heart strings for days, and that frog in my throat for an hour at least... I have inherited your respect for all harley guys, for all time.. thank you :cheers :bitchslap :popcorn

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yeah I dont get much from harley guys... but all the other cruisers I get waves from(Hondas, Yamahas etc.) Then ofcourse all the sportbike riders....or most of them.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I wave to them just to see if they have the balls to let go of the bars..... :lao

I used to do it out of respect for a fellow 2 wheeler, but 99.9% don't wave to me first so I have been enlightened to the Harley way of showing no respect for riders on the other side of the spectrum. I don't hold anything against them cause most of them just don't understand what it means to ride.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
I paint most of the guys bikes around her so they always wave or I'll price gouge them next time. J/K. They all know me so they do wave. Most of them buy me a beer at the bar if I go.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts