Sport Bikes banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Wanna-be racer
2,572 Posts
Thanks again Smashbox for your suggestions and help!!

Now that u mentioned it, it did felt like it was lugging a bit before the engine stopped.

If anyone live close to San Bernadino County, and would like to offer some hints (fzr 600 specific) and help, i would really appreciate it. But for now, I probably have to get a bike stand/some tools/new battery or a charger to start the bike back up. Also a good way to get to know my bike. There's about mid 20k miles on it, maybe then i can get my carbs checked.

Yeah someone did mentioned the flooding possibility, what would i need to do to prevent that from happening again?
starting a vehicle using a choke is a delicate procedure.. flooding the engine is super easy using the choke.. i guess it's something you learn over time after screwing it up a bunch of times.. we have a 650 jet ski that has a choke and we still flood it when we're pissed it won't start and we're drifting in the bay... have you tried to start the bike since? you should be okay with the gas situation by now and you'd just have to let it crank a few extra times.. i think what you should do at this point in time is get the battery charged enough to crank that engine and let it clear itself of the extra gas that was dumped in there from the choke.. if the bike doesn't crank after getting some juice in the battery come back on here and post up what you did because you may have to invest in a new battery and/or check out the starter.. if the bike cranks but will not start then play with the choke sparingly though. and never try to start the bike for more than i'd say 10seconds or so at a time. if the bike continues to crank the starter will get hot and you'll risk burning it up and essentially frying it..

to get even more of an understanding you could always search howitworks.com if that even still exists and see how a choke on a carb works so you'll understand more about what happens when you do use the choke and how the butterflies operate and what not.. when your bike was running and you gassed it, did it hesistate or did it accelerate smoothly.. reason i'm asking is because if you gassed it and didn't get a response for a second or so one or more of the high speed butterflies may be sticking.. it's just the nature of a carb, or at least the ones i've delt with.. let me know if i'm hitting you with too much info too soon! i'm sorry if i am.

PM me if you'd like. I'm more than happy to keep talking about this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks Smashbox.

These r some pretty good advices! Wouldnt have known! haha
Im gonna try to get some type of battery charge for the bike then, hopefully i get to play w that soon. I will definitely let u know how it went.

Well....most of the time, when i gassed it, it runs smoothly. It did sounded weird at that incident, the gas felt as if it was sucked into the enginer but it wasnt really exploded and expanded in the engine as if was like choking. So i guess it did hesistated?

The info is all good, im still learning all the terms and parts. What's a high speed butterfly?

·
Wanna-be racer
2,572 Posts
Thanks Smashbox.

These r some pretty good advices! Wouldnt have known! haha
Im gonna try to get some type of battery charge for the bike then, hopefully i get to play w that soon. I will definitely let u know how it went.

Well....most of the time, when i gassed it, it runs smoothly. It did sounded weird at that incident, the gas felt as if it was sucked into the enginer but it wasnt really exploded and expanded in the engine as if was like choking. So i guess it did hesistated?

The info is all good, im still learning all the terms and parts. What's a high speed butterfly?
it's a part of the carb.. i'm pretty sure carbbed bikes have them, i know for a fact jet skis have them.. i'm not so sure what you're mentioning qualifies as hesitation.. you'd know if it wasn't responding properly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I dont know how to use PM. so here is an update for my bike Smashbox

So i replaced the old w a new battery and charged, it sounded so much nicer!!!
However, when i try to start it, it still wont start. It felt like its almost there to run. To me it seems like the battery is strong and running, except for the VROOM sound.

It has been almost 5 days since i try to start it. So i believe the engine should be rid of gas. And for some reason i cant see the oil level at all. Whether its above the upper line or lower then the lower line even when i had it stand straight up. Does that mean i have too much oil?

Should i even try to clean out the carburetor myself as the next step?

Thanks again in advance!

·
Wanna-be racer
2,572 Posts
I dont know how to use PM. so here is an update for my bike Smashbox

So i replaced the old w a new battery and charged, it sounded so much nicer!!!
However, when i try to start it, it still wont start. It felt like its almost there to run. To me it seems like the battery is strong and running, except for the VROOM sound.

It has been almost 5 days since i try to start it. So i believe the engine should be rid of gas. And for some reason i cant see the oil level at all. Whether its above the upper line or lower then the lower line even when i had it stand straight up. Does that mean i have too much oil?

Should i even try to clean out the carburetor myself as the next step?

Thanks again in advance!

i'm not sure what you mean when you say you can't see the oil.. does your bike have a sight glass or dip stick? if you have a dip stick and do not see any oil on it, add some! if you have a sight glass it should be half way up the glass... i'd really have to see it to be able to know what's going on.. why don't you try choking it at this point? start off with a few regular cranks and add a bit of choke.. does it sound like it's going to kick over and start or does it sound like endless cranking leading no where? you'd definitely hear a difference with the fuel starting to ignite. let me know what happens next.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It has a tiny glass to see, but i had it tilted left and right then stood straight up to see if i can catch the oil level. But nothing.

I tried the choke, but it doesnt seem to have any effect on it. At least by the sound i didnt hear a difference at all. It sounded like the choke didnt helped at all even if i keep trying.

I might try to record the sound and send u a clip of the sound. U have a email i could send it thru to u? I'll try to take a pic of the oil level glass and send it to u as soon as i can too

·
Wanna-be racer
2,572 Posts
It has a tiny glass to see, but i had it tilted left and right then stood straight up to see if i can catch the oil level. But nothing.

I tried the choke, but it doesnt seem to have any effect on it. At least by the sound i didnt hear a difference at all. It sounded like the choke didnt helped at all even if i keep trying.

I might try to record the sound and send u a clip of the sound. U have a email i could send it thru to u? I'll try to take a pic of the oil level glass and send it to u as soon as i can too
next time you log in check the top right of your screen.. there should be something flashing that says private message..

·
Registered
1 Posts
How to remove set vavle

i have an 07 gsxr 750 and the FI light came on and i heard you can remove a set valve and disconnect wire 30 on the ecu i was wondering if someone could explain how to do this! please and thank you

·
Wanna-be racer
2,572 Posts
i have an 07 gsxr 750 and the FI light came on and i heard you can remove a set valve and disconnect wire 30 on the ecu i was wondering if someone could explain how to do this! please and thank you
i think there's a link right to a thread on our own forums here.. i'll have to search around.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Looking for a How To on rebuilding a front brake master cylinder and/or brake caliper(s), specificaly the stock Nissin units on a 2008 Suzuki GSX-R750. Please and thank you.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts