Sport Bikes banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This request may conflict with your Rider Registry plans and if so, by all means disregard. Once the Rider Registry is online this would be a fairly moot request.

I'd like to request a custom profile field be added that includes a drop down list of all US states. Yes, yes, excluding all those wacky international folks. I was trying to search the Member List for a list of registered sportbikers from Iowa. Specifically, I was looking for the following in the location field:

"Iowa"
"IA"
", IA"

...as well as the names of the more prominent cities. The problem lies that pennsylvania and any number of other locations have "IA" in them. As the Location field is a free form text box, people can type any sort of crazy thing in there to include, "In hell" as their location. With a structured drop down list it would be easy to show all members who have that selected in their profile. You could search on "Iowa" knowing that the value would always be "Iowa", since the drop down list eliminates the possiblity for eronious entries.

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just thought I'd bump up all my threads in here that haven't ever received any replies, lest they have been overlooked. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts