Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One dead when 4 motorcycles collide on 33 near Ojai, CA

Highway 33 north of Ojai in the central cost of California it's one of our version of Mt. Palomar's Dragon, about 70 miles of two lane fun with tons of switch backs and long sweepers and almost never any cops. Riders from all over the cost come to ride it. Those who know it well ride it fast, really fast if you ever been on it on a weekend I'm sure you seen the back of Tommy or Carlos as they fly by you on their Italians. I had redden it about two hours before the accident and the road had a lot more gravel on it than normal, I don't know if that will play in it or not.

My thoughts go out to the families and friends of the fallen riders.

Info on the crash below was taken from the Ventura County Star

One person dies when 4 motorcycles collide

One person was killed and another seriously injured in an accident Sunday
involving four motorcyclists on Highway 33 north of Ojai, authorities said.
The crash occurred about 2:45 p.m. on Highway 33 about eight miles north of Rose Valley, according to the California Highway Patrol. Witnesses told the CHP that one motorcyclist was traveling southbound at a high rate of speed when he crossed the double-yellow lines and sideswiped the leading motorcyclist of a group coming the other way, then collided with two others.
"He barely clips the leading motorcycle, then hits head-on the others," said CHP Sgt. Michael Cooper. The southbound motorcyclist was taken to Ventura County Medical Center in Ventura, where he was in critical condition late Sunday, Cooper said. The middle motorcyclist in the northbound group died at the scene, Cooper said. The other two sustained minor injuries. Identities of the victims and other details were not available Sunday.

·
Registered
765 Posts
oscarcolumbo said:
i wish people would keep high speeds on the track....i hope his family is ok, but i know they are not
+1!! At least he has the rest of his life to suffer for what he has done to someone else and their family. For some reason, accidents like this NEVER drive home the fact that the street IS NOT a racetrack, no matter how well you think you know the road. Remember, it IS a public road and NOT a closed course.

*ranting over*

·
Registered
359 Posts
According to another source, if he does survive to ponder the consequences of his action, it will be without one of his legs, which was severed in the head-on collision.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Eddie Apex said:
According to another source, if he does survive to ponder the consequences of his action, it will be without one of his legs, which was severed in the head-on collision.
I was kinda hoping some crippling would occur - allows more time to contemplate the crime. :devil

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update by the Ventura County Star

A 57-year-old Bakersfield woman was identified today as the victim in a fatal motorcycle crash Sunday on Highway 33 north of Ojai.
Connie Jean Parker was riding a Harley Davidson north on Highway 33 just north of Potrero Creek with a group of other motorcyclists when she was hit head-on by a motocyclist coming the other way, Len Walker Ramirez, 44, of Santa Barbara, California Highway Patrol officers said today.
Ramirez was driving a Honda motorcycle southbound at a high speed about 2:15 p.m. when he made a turn and crossed over the yellow lines into oncoming traffic, CHP Officer Steve Reid said.
He sideswiped Rosalie Linda Bolt, 57, of Bakersfield and then hit Parker head-on, Reid said.
Parker was pronounced dead at the scene.
Two other men, Lorenzo Miranda, 43, and Daniel Escobar, 47, both of Bakersfield, were riding motorcycles behind Parker. They swerved to avoid the crash but lost control and skidded on the ground. They were not injured. Authorities said Ramirez was driving about 70 mph in a 55 mph zone. They are still investigating the crash and have not yet cited Ramirez, Reid said.

by the Ventura County Star

·
Registered
43 Posts
thats my backyard right there, I hit up 33 and 150 on a regular basis. There's always motorcycle fatalities on that road, mostly due to the high volume of 2 wheel traffic.

RIP

1 - 10 of 10 Posts