Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought my first bike around a month ago. I got a 2005 sv650n which had a lot of aftermarket parts, brakes, rotors, power commander, paint job, sliders etc. and I love it. Ive gotten some decent gear, I just need boots and pants, and ive been riding as much as possible. I have dropped the bike once, the road right next to my work was illegally blocked off with cones and I hit some gravel while braking hard. I didnt suffer any damage and the bike is relatively unharmed. The sv650 was a great choice for me, it has just enough power to scare me yet doesnt punish me when I make input mistakes, poor throttle control or overly heavy braking. I just wanted to thank everyone that guided me in my decision and ask if anyone lives in indianapolis and would want to ride? Thanks again

·
Registered
185 Posts
Be thinking ahead when your riding. Keep looking far in front of you to minimize surprises and emergency maneuvers. Also, don't tailgate cars, or other riders. One of my favorite sayings from the MSF is creating "time and space".

Enjoy the bike and wear your gear ALWAYS :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Has the colour grown on ya?

Reactions: Electrical_Tech

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya the color had grown on me, and it seems everyone else. I've been told it actually looks pretty cool when you see it moving, the colors change a lot and it doesn't look so purple and sparkly.

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
I remember your bike now that someone mentioned the color. Glad both it and you are unharmed from the mishap. Be safe and dress for the slide, not for the ride.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Pics for the color!

·
Premium Member
1,789 Posts
You'd have to search his thread where he bought the new bike. It's a different color. Very 70's. Kinda cool in its own way.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
I hate using forum search features, they usually suck.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Nice color, purple bikes rock!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, Ive grown to really like it. Lots of people come up to me and say something. I did have someone think it was a Buell today though lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts