Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First and foremost I'm a complete noob when it comes to bike modifications and to riding. Though when it comes to cars I'm ASE cert and worked on them for years, figured I could transfer some knowledge to bike mods. I recently purchased an 08 ZZR600 and would like to make improvements to the stock lighting, mostly for safety. Did some research and majority of people go with HID headlights and I'm looking for a pair for myself. Any information one what's good/bad and an actual product page would be greatly helpful. Not sure what the difference between the 35w or 55w bulbs are either/ whats ideal for the bike.

I'm also looking to replace all the other lights on the bike for brighter or more noticeable lights, especially the rear tail brake light (like a flashing brake light). I don't want to break my wallet but if it means I'll be more noticeable on the road then it'll be worth it. I'd appreciate if any acronyms and lingo be kept to simple terms hahaha.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Go buy a led strip and stick it to the under tail of the zzr. It's a lot more noticeable. If you want the thing to flash get a blinker relay and wire it in line.

For the headlights get a set of hyper whites or silver stars. Im not a fan on hid as they just screw with ppls eyes at night.

I used to run a integrated tail light with a secondary brake light and turn signals just in case something failed I am the taillight. The led strip made a huge difference in ppl noticing and being able to judge distance. I also got a cheap set of led frame sliders and wired them to the turn signals. It also seemed to help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank for the info, I'll definitely look into that. Didn't think to add an LED strip there, simple yet effective. :banana

·
5,547 Posts
You want LED's? Check out tripageled.com

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ZZ, another place I'll look into. After digging all afternoon in the forums a lot of decisions on items and information was previously stated by you (mostly). Some all the way back in 06. Thanks for all the info!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts