Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

yesterday I wanted to change the sparkplugs.
I gave up :)
I did as it says in the manual, loosening the radiator.

But I just could not get the cap for cylinder 1 up.

I have read some previous posted threads about this, and it seems it should be possible.

I am considering to remove fuel tank, airfilter case and battery to get this done.

Anyone got a tip on how to do this ?

·
Registered
686 Posts
remove the engine from the frame.

or at least that's what I wanted to do. it's possible without doing so, but still a pain in the ass. I did it following what the manual said.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I had to fight to get the cap for cylinder 1 off, too. It was a serious pain, and I'm not looking forward to doing it again. I don't think there was any secret, except to keep looking for a spot with just a little more space to let you pull the cap up.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
04Fizzer said:
Why did you decide to change the plugs?
Standard maintenence, 20000km.

·
Registered
853 Posts
04Fizzer said:
Why did you decide to change the plugs?
The manual says to change them every 8000 miles

·
V-twin anyone?
2,161 Posts
Definite pain and scratches on my hand after I changed mine out. You just need to pull it out at an angle if you can get your hands from #4's plug. I have no idea why the manual instructs the owner to take off the radiator. It barely helped.

I totally forgot about the tool in the tool kit though. Instead, I had to rig up something to get to the plugs. They're way down in there. Don't forget the anti-seize on the threads.

But still, I'd rather do it myself and know for a fact that the job was done right.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
crazymofo said:
The manual says to change them every 8000 miles
See thats funny, because the european manual says 20000km :)

I dont know why there is this difference.
The airfilter is also to be changed at 20000km.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts