Sport Bikes banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it has become time for me to replace my front pads on the '02 F4i. I was wondering if anyone has a howto for what to do or i guess what to look out for. I have stands (front and rears). thanks!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I just replaced mine on my F4 and they seemed pretty simple to me. The only thing I had trouble with was when I was filling the fluid resevoir (sp) I got some on the switch and the brake light wouldnt come on. after a little pressure wash they were all good.

That was the first time I had ever done it, and I had no problem.

·
Registered
34 Posts
noran01 said:
I think it has become time for me to replace my front pads on the '02 F4i. I was wondering if anyone has a howto for what to do or i guess what to look out for. I have stands (front and rears). thanks!
It’s not hard at all. Start by loosening the bolts that hold the pads in, (pretty sure it’s a 5mm allen) just crack the bolts...don’t take them out. Then take off the caliper by removing both bolts with a 12mm socket. Then remove the bolts (that you cracked before) holding the pads in. The pads will have thin pieces of metal behind them (that are removable), if your new pads do not come with them use the old ones. Once the pads are out, open your reservoir and push the piston in with your hands. You should be able to do it by hand but if you’re having trouble you can use a c-clamp. Then put the new pads in and bolt them into place using the 5mm allen. If the new pads do not want to go onto the rotor, gently put a flathead screw driver in between them and spread them apart. Once the calipers fit back on, bolt them into place and tighten all the bolts. Then do the other side. Once both sides are done pump them up and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No you can do it setting on the sidestand. Its a good idea to pry the old pads apart with a screwdriver before taking them out so you don't mess up your new pads the new ones are thicker and will not fit around the rotor. Also run a scrothbrite pad on the rotors before replacing the calipers ,and make sure you clean the inside of the calipers before putting the new pads in an old toothbrush and compressed air works good.

·
how bout dem deadskins
3,235 Posts
if you need a visual aid, go to the help me fix on the forum & it has the general giving a tourorial, thats how i got it.. but its pretty easy ..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts