Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to replace my seat cover fabric. It's starting to tear. Is the stuff at a store like JoAnn fabric s gonna work? I saw some good videos on youtube. Just wondering whats the best material to use (vinyl, leather, stretch fabric). I see its just stapled on. Will I be able to use a regular stapler to attach it? Thanks

·
Live to ride
12,017 Posts
A fabric that can handle the elements should be sufficient.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I just redid a set of seats for a zzr600. The material is vinyl and we found it at JoAnn Fabrics. It is exactly like the material that came stock. They have a decent selection at our local store, but we stuck with the black. It was on sale for half price so a 4' x 3' section was about $11.

It's a pretty simple task. 4 hands are better than two. That way one person can pull it tight, while the other staples it with a staple gun. A standard staple gun worked fine for us. When we did it, we just put a few in the first side and then went to town on the other three sides. When we finished those three, we pulled the 3-4 staples holding the first side in, and pulled it tight again and finished it off. Hope it helps.

·
Are we not men?
9,013 Posts
Marine grade vinyl supposedly handles the sun and elements better. Otherwise, what the others said will work for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts