Sport Bikes banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my replacement fairings in and installed them. Took a good amount of time...maybe 2.5 hours total. Its actually relatively straight forward, the only thing that was really tricky was the one screw right behind the display. I had no idea how to get there, but finally I took the chance and unscrewed the whole headlight assembly from the rubber mounting points. Then the whole thing just came right off, which was fine, I was supporting it. I was able to get to the screw and finally swap the signals and what not from the old fairing to the new one.

The next tricky step was putting it back on, that same screw I was just talking about. You'd probably need an extra set of hands to do it.

Anyways, if anyone cracks their fairings and needs to replace them, and has questions, let me know and I'll try to help you guys out as best as possible. I didn't take pics of the process, but honestly its pretty straight forward, just time consuming. Oh, and I hate those plastic screws that are used to hold the windshield in place. I stripped a couple of them in the process. How do you go about removing stripped screws/?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts