Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys....I just got a '05 (Blue) and unfornately I had a crash. Where can I get the best deals on parts. I have a dent in my tank, lost a mirror, a foot peg, bent handlebar, small scratches on the frame. Does anyone know what color paint to ask for to redo the scratched area on the frame. How best to fix the fuel tank?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
seandee said:
Hi Guys....I just got a '05 (Blue) and unfornately I had a crash. Where can I get the best deals on parts. I have a dent in my tank, lost a mirror, a foot peg, bent handlebar, small scratches on the frame. Does anyone know what color paint to ask for to redo the scratched area on the frame. How best to fix the fuel tank?
Sorry to hear about the crash. Hope you weren't hurt.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Moderators, you may want to sticky this. I get all my Yamaha OEM parts from this place: University Motors, Inc. It's in Fargo, ND. The contact person is Gary McCoy, Parts Manager.

The guy knows his way around a Yamaha. Just find yourself an online parts fiche and give him the part number. You could probably even explain it and he'd come up with the part number. His number is: 701-235-6478

Give him a try. I've had outstanding results with ALL my Yamaha's past/present.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you guys for all your input.....right now mrcycles seem to have the lowest prices.

Thanks for the concern heavyFZ6......nothing hurt but my ego.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any thoughts on what to do about the fuel tank....or would you recommend replacing it...also what color paint to ask for on the frame?

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts
seandee said:
Any thoughts on what to do about the fuel tank....or would you recommend replacing it...also what color paint to ask for on the frame?
Depending on the severity of the dent, and if the tanks not all scratched up, you could try paintless dent removal. They basically reshape the metal from the inside. I don't know if its possible to do on a tank or not. I would imagine you would have to take the tank completely apart. I know to have a good size dent removed from a car is about $100. If they can do it, it's cheaper then a new tank. There is a company called Dentwizard that does it. I think they are national. If not, ask a local body shop or a place that details cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts