Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I just got a 250 ninja about 2 weeks ago and soon I will be coming close to 500 miles. I got a quote from the kawasaki dealer that said they would charge around 200 dollars just to check valve clearance. Is this a normal price for something like that. I am also noticing a ticking noise. what would that be? Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
is that price for the 500 mile maintainance check up? but either way, ridin a bike that ya dont know how to fix will cost ya

·
No limit hypocrite
1,695 Posts
ticking noise on the EX250 is pretty normal.. as long as its not a LOUD ticking noise.
The EX250 is a noisy engine, even brand new, and you shouldnt worry about it unless it gets pretty loud.. My first 250 the stealership charged me for 3 valve clearance jobs in the first 2000 miles (this is why I now fix all my own bikes, and only let stealerships do the tire changes). I started some research, and the noise is normal.
Also, around 1000 miles, your idle speed may start to fluctuate a couple hundred RPM's. it will go up, and down, and up, and down by about 300 RPM.. this is also normal for the EX250 (at least at high altitude, not sure about sea level).. it is because of the smaller engine, and its vaccume characteristics. took me two stealerships, and another $300 to learn that lesson.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts