Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The girl and I are flying into oakland for MotoGP weekend July 8-10th. I have penciled in a rental car for the weekend but was thinking about the parking mess that will be race day at laguna seca. Was thinking of renting a VFR for that day to go down to monterrey since we'll be staying in SF. anyone have experience renting bikes? How was your experience?

·
Registered
21 Posts
check out sportbikerentals.com. they are in SF. while i backed out at the last minute because of a change in plans, everything seemed very easy.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Try:

http://www.rentasportbike.com/home.htm

They're in Marin county a few minutes from the far side of the Golden Gate bridge. They have a VFR according to their web site.

Traffic in Monterey that weekend will be the worst you could imagine. Be careful, but have fun.

From the rental location to Monterey will probably take 2 1/2 to 3 hours each way that weekend.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you very much for the info, I called and as usual I am way too late for this event. All they have is the new suzuki supermoto 400cc thumper, which would be fine for just me but it would suck riding 2-up... all the sportbikes are long gone.

A BMW dealer in the area rents harleys bmw and triumphs, all they have left is an 883 sportster. Does the new 883 even have a passenger seat? I heard they rubber mounted the twins on these newer sportsters so it wouldnt be too bad, 95 bucks a day. I really wanted that VFR but oh well.

are you going down to laguna, ray?

·
old member
13,079 Posts
GreenZED said:
thank you very much for the info, I called and as usual I am way too late for this event. All they have is the new suzuki supermoto 400cc thumper, which would be fine for just me but it would suck riding 2-up... all the sportbikes are long gone.

..snip..
are you going down to laguna, ray?
Wasn't planning on it, way too large of a crowd, and don't have tickets so I guess not.

Want to rent a room at our house and my bike for the trip? We're about an hour and a half away. :lol

This might prove helpful:

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=123948

1 - 5 of 5 Posts