Sport Bikes banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first question:

from a "potential of getting pulled over" standpoint, is it too risky?
do a lot of LEOs actually look for this? or is it not very noticeable at all?

second question:

if you did get pulled over, what's the penalty for not having them?
i would assume it's just a "fix-it" ticket?

thanks for any info in advance.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
I don't know what the penalty would be for no mirrors in your state. From a safety stand point I prefer to keep mine. I like to know who/what is coming up behind me and if they appear to be slowing down or not. As far as an officer looking for it. It is going to vary, if an officer is just looking for a reason to stop you then you have given him a reason. Some officers will target sport bikes, because or our bad rep, others could care less, so it is kind of a gamble.

In MD it is TA 22-403(c) Failure to equip motorcycle with two mirrors $60 fine

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kneedraggin650s said:
In MD it is TA 22-403(c) Failure to equip motorcycle with two mirrors $60 fine
that's teh kind of info i was looking for.
did you have a link of where to find that?

i guess i could call the PD on my lunch break and ask them?

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
I posted the same thing in your General Thread before I saw you responded to this one.

On the main page of this section, there is a sticky that gives you a link to all the traffic laws for the 50 states. To find out the fine and stuff you will probably have to ask an officer. Our fines change yearly and they give us a book every year with the new fines, but again that is MD I can't speak for your state.

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Don't forget either that each LEO agency has a different amount they will charge also. My city court charges $55 min. and the county court here charges $186 min. no matter what the traffic violation is.

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
I used to prefer just to take the chance of a ticket.....But my new 750 has the turn signals in the mirrors so I have left them on.....Makes Highchairs a little tricky.....But I have never been pulled over for not having them on my now track bike 1K!

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
OFFICER737 said:
Don't forget either that each LEO agency has a different amount they will charge also. My city court charges $55 min. and the county court here charges $186 min. no matter what the traffic violation is.
Didn't even think of court costs. :dblthumb

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
kneedraggin650s said:
Didn't even think of court costs. :dblthumb

That's without the court costs :lao

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
OFFICER737 said:
That's without the court costs :lao
Damn, we don't have that. We have state set fines, and then court costs, nothing else.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have taken mine off of every bike and put on barend mirrors. Even w/ mirror I turned around to witch lanes

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
just curious why you wouldnt want mirrors? is it looks? or make stunting easier?

i definitely am paranoid about cars coming up from behind at a stop lights, i guess getting rear ended before can cause that

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i put 'em back on a week ago.
couldn't get used to not havin' 'em.
i think it looks better w/o 'em.
i'll leave it to the track.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts