Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
slingblade said:
To go along with this thread reguarding tire mounting tools;

Is there a way (preferably easy) to lift the front end without a stand? I have a powerstand rear stand, but no front stand (yet).
use a hydraulic car jack and put it on the bottom of your engine. I did this when I was removing my forks off the R6.

·
Registered
522 Posts
When I used to work at a motorcycle shop I would use some tie downs and look them over the rafters and pull the front end of my bike up by the handlebars. Not sure if it'd work at your home garage, but it's an idea.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Buy a front stand to use with the rear stand. On two stands, the bike is very stable without wheels which makes them easier to put back on. The straps to the rafters or jack under the engine may work OK, but may also damage something or result in an oops. :cry

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RayOSV said:
Buy a front stand to use with the rear stand. On two stands, the bike is very stable without wheels which makes them easier to put back on. The straps to the rafters or jack under the engine may work OK, but may also damage something or result in an oops. :cry
I'm definatly going to pick up a front stand, just a matter of time. Not this time though!

I'll be dropping $240 for tires, and $100 for the tools.

If I can't figure something SAFE out, I will order a front stand.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I can put my bike on the center stand and put a couple of 50# bags of dog food on the rear seat, pops the front right up. I don't guess you have a center stand on the RC tho...

·
Registered
304 Posts
Lok said:
When I used to work at a motorcycle shop I would use some tie downs and look them over the rafters and pull the front end of my bike up by the handlebars. Not sure if it'd work at your home garage, but it's an idea.
That's the simplest way to do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts