Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I am gonna watch it, Drew Stone is badass, this should rock.

·
Believe It or Not........
5,339 Posts
No such luck for me!! I'm at work plus we're 5 hours ahead of east coast time!! :a2 Let us, who can't watch it, know how it was?

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well the show was pretty good. didnt really focus on the streets(to my disappointment) but did let everyone catch a glimpse into the sport. hopefully this will draw more sponsors and interest in stunting.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
So, ya think Tony D was tweek'n, or was it the roids??? :lol FREAK!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
japbike said:

Yeah that dood was a little freaky wasn't he? He was on something that day.

It was an alright show. Not great but I've seen worse.

Wes

·
Registered
503 Posts
Tony wasn't big enough to be juicing, but I agree, he had to have been on something.

I really liked the show. It didn't portray them in a negative way, which similar shows have done before.

A couple years ago, I believe it was 48 hours or soemthing, did a special on street racing. However, from what they filmed with the guy they had, they turned it all around come show time. The guy even posts online and stated how they didn't hint at how negative it was going to be. They concocted all sorts of lies about him and his family, and really hurt him personally.

Anyways, I'm not a huge stunter, but I liked the show tonight, the stuff looks fun, but I think I'll wait until I'm older and can afford a junk bike to do it on.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
so much drama, reminded me of american chopper..........

the stunt that impressed me was the dude standing on the other guy;s shoulder.......

i've had my run ins w/ all those guy's i imagine, before stuntlife was made.....:lol

yeah, that tony d guy was 100mph.....he kinda got the short end though, if he gave up his life to be pro, and walked into the mom-n-pop stuff. glad to see he's in europe.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Show was allright. I remember reading about the guy that lost his finger on stuntlife.com when I was over there lurking around. That sucks, but he seems like he's pretty tough about it.

They seemed to focus stunting as more of a sport, rather than a problem that is on the street. That was good taste.

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
Yeah, Tony gave up everything to go all out for stuntin. Superstar. I think he's on crack though. A LITTLE PSYCHO!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
japbike said:

One... he more than likely wasn't juicing, he really wasn't big.

Two, roids don't make you flip out, freak whatever. Common myth.

Three, why do people associate anyone that has even the slightest bit of muscle with being on roids?

I gained 40 lbs of muscle in about 10 months and everyone I know accuses me of juicing, wtf is that shit? I did it ALL NATURAL, of course before then I had never lifted a weight in my life, so I had no muscle to start with really.

/Rant off.

As far as the show, it was ok. It was good that most of them kept it off the street. I'm not much into stunting, though.

·
Registered
503 Posts
chance42 said:
One... he more than likely wasn't juicing, he really wasn't big.

Two, roids don't make you flip out, freak whatever. Common myth.

Three, why do people associate anyone that has even the slightest bit of muscle with being on roids?

I gained 40 lbs of muscle in about 10 months and everyone I know accuses me of juicing, wtf is that shit? I did it ALL NATURAL, of course before then I had never lifted a weight in my life, so I had no muscle to start with really.

/Rant off.

As far as the show, it was ok. It was good that most of them kept it off the street. I'm not much into stunting, though.
I'm the same, I'm not huge, but my shoulders are so broad that people think I juice. Not yet, maybe after Xmas for a quick cycle :lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
Lol me too man... it runs in my family with the shoulders. People looked at me like a freak when I put 505 lbs on the barbell to shrug. Funny to watch a bar bend like that though. Hahah... shouldn't have slacked off... can barely do 405 now =\. Been taking it easy(read: being lazy) past couple of months. When I put 600 lbs on there for one rep, I didn't think the bar would hold... my traps felt like I had a vice grip on each one for the next 2 days ><

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
I thought the show was done pretty well...I can't believe the show didn't portray sportbikers in a total negative way...Very cool...I think I liked it alot also because Lakeland, Florida is where I live...Just had to put in that shameless plug...

Here's something else cool...The tandem team that had the guy and the chick riding the Superhawk, that was WheelieSteve from the board and his ex partner Kat...He mainly posts in the Florida forum...He lives here in Lakeland and he's a good friend...Very cool guy, too...

I've met Diggity and all of Triple Xtreem and they're all pretty cool...Kyle is not near as serious as he showed on TV...He's a goofball most of the time...Very cool person, though...

The Steak and Shake is in Orlando...They get about 200-400 bikes on any given Thursday...And it's not just any paticular bike...You'll see anything from a tricked out chopper to the sweetest sportbike on the road...And everything in between...And everyone gets along...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts