·
All right meow...
2,719 Posts
That sucks...lol

I've seen similar with top cases when weaving around a parking lot. ouch

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
What a sequence of events. Poor bastard.

Reactions: Luvin' Twins

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
Ouch! I did something similar with a trash can once on my FZ1 with Givi sidecases. Didn't go down though, or into the ocean.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Guy at work has a zx-14 concourse and he took his luggage off after a month because he kept clipping cars when he was splitting lanes. Goes the same with your mirrors, know your width. I clipped a mini van mirror last week trying to stay inside the lines on my way to work. No damage done, but it probably scared the poor guy I clipped.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
My mirrors aren't much wider than my bike. I keep them out. If I'm hitting mirrors, the handlebars are centimeters away. Think of them like a cat's whiskers. When they touch, it is time to rethink things.

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
My bike has regular handlebars, not clip-ons, and I have barend mirrors on the ends of those, so that's by far the widest part of the bike. If I can fit the mirrors through, the rest of the bike follows easily -- passenger, luggage, whatever. The one exception so far was the time I was coming home from the gun store with two fullsize shotguns in cases strapped crosswise on the pillion. No lanesplitting that day. But traffic was remarkably polite and considerate. :D

PhilB

·
Shop Smart, Shop S-Mart!
1,135 Posts
It would be great to be that guys friend...for the rest of your life you can say "Don't drive into that lake bro" everytime he's behind the wheel...

·
51 times World Champions
3,861 Posts
The one exception so far was the time I was coming home from the gun store with two fullsize shotguns in cases strapped crosswise on the pillion. No lanesplitting that day. But traffic was remarkably polite and considerate. :D

PhilB
Amazing how that happens, innit?

:eek:nfloor

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
I hit the garage door with my XJR1300 with Givi panniers, that was the day before I left for a trip. After I hit the garage door, I swerved and rammed into a clay plant pot with the front wheel.

And I hit a car on the line to cross the border, happily there was no damage to the car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts