Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He called me on Tuesday and purchased a used 954 barely ridden. He was so excited that I just couldn't lecture him on the size thing :eek: I said congratulations, sounds like you got a great deal, etc etc.

Next thing he asks if I want to go riding with him this week!! :eek: I feel bad for him, he's just like a boy on Christmas morning but then I know he has too much bike for him. I don't want to be mean to him but at the same time I don't want him to get hurt either!!

I just wish he would really listen to me...it's only because I care!! ARRRGGHHHH it's so frustrating!!

·
Registered
691 Posts
I would ride with him on some out of the way roads if possible and just try to teach him. Tell him right from the start that if he is not going to be responsible that you are leaving.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Just teach hin to ride behind you in staggered formation and him on the outer side (know what I'm saying ?)

·
Banned
1,003 Posts
I have an idea, why don't you show him your breasts? Did wonders for your influence here. And, it so benefits sportbike enthusiasts.

·
Registered
558 Posts
yea at this point dude just needs as much positive riding influence as he can get. It would be much better if he went out and learned fundamentals and basics with you.. Than going out with some assmucks and trying to ride beyond his ability or stunt.

Just teach hin to ride behind you in staggered formation and him on the outer side (know what I'm saying ?)
The more experienced rider should always follow, so they can watch what the beginner is doing and tell him what mistakes he is making, also this way the beginner doesn't need to try and "keep up" with anyone if he can't.

I have an idea, why don't you show him your breasts? Did wonders for your influence here. And, it so benefits sportbike enthusiasts.
wraith for someone who speaks so eloquently your beginning to act like a punk ass bitch. no need to follow the girl around and try to poke and prod at her to get a reaction every chance you get. the whole board is aware u 2 don't like each other.. u got something to say keep it in PM otherwise ur just making urself look like an immature lil school boy who wants to tease someone they think they can out-wit any chance they get just because they think they can.

·
Registered
269 Posts
TheWraith said:
I'm in agreement here ;)

Butt, seriously ) take him on that ride and teach him as much as you can as a friend of a new rider its your responsiblity to insure MY safety :) well not really yours but he's your friend so you gotta help as much as you can.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Neverlose said:
wraith for someone who speaks so eloquently your beginning to act like a punk ass bitch. no need to follow the girl around and try to poke and prod at her to get a reaction every chance you get. the whole board is aware u 2 don't like each other.. u got something to say keep it in PM otherwise ur just making urself look like an immature lil school boy who wants to tease someone they think they can out-wit any chance they get just because they think they can.
Damn man, CHILL! I thought it was a great idea, and actually wouldn't mind seeing them again myself. :twofinger

Hell, she's got a nice rack, makes me wanna... :bananafu:

·
Already Sick of Winter
3,273 Posts
your an idiot. not everyone who starts on a b***** bike will wad it up.
who jizzed on your face?

the post was meant to be somewhat humorous. only somewhat however. i don't have time to run around looking for little smilies.

That should actually be, "you're an idiot (you are)" not "your an idiot".

·
RLPoloArgyleSweaters,Son!
1,272 Posts
RSixxyGrl like I said in another post your nice, but maybe to nice; like Malik Ross put it-might be my track/stunter tomorrow! No one ever listen to the voice of reason hun! I've been there and done that with my buds...

·
Registered
56 Posts
malik ross said:
who jizzed on your face?

the post was meant to be somewhat humorous. only somewhat however. i don't have time to run around looking for little smilies.

That should actually be, "you're an idiot (you are)" not "your an idiot".

Although i dont agree with everyone starting on a big bike , i hate to see people say they are automatically going to crash.. that does nothing for anyones confidence. I also dont see anyhumor in saying someone is going to crash. maybe its just me but i get sick of seeing every thread about someone on a new bike that people here do not agree with saying they are going to crash. Some people can actually get a big bike and be perfectly fine. Also someone can go out on a ninja two fiddy and kill themself. 90 on a ex 500 is the same as 90 on an R1. Just my opinion and i apologize for calling you an idiot. been one of those days. ohh

·
______ETA B4U______
1,990 Posts
johnriz said:
Although i dont agree with everyone starting on a big bike , i hate to see people say they are automatically going to crash.. that does nothing for anyones confidence. I also dont see anyhumor in saying someone is going to crash. maybe its just me but i get sick of seeing every thread about someone on a new bike that people here do not agree with saying they are going to crash. Some people can actually get a big bike and be perfectly fine. Also someone can go out on a ninja two fiddy and kill themself. 90 on a ex 500 is the same as 90 on an R1. Just my opinion and i apologize for calling you an idiot. been one of those days. ohh
It's an endless argument that no one can really prove one way or another whether it was the bike or riders fault. I think there are people who shouldn't be on bikes period. Those might be the people that wreck when they decided to buy the b***** first bike. The people who go out of there way to start small probably wouldn't have ridden the larger bike that crazy because they have common sense so wouldn't have crashed it therefore they should have just bought the b***** bike anyway. That's why I don't tell people to start small. I think they will crash no matter what they are on. But that's just me.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
to bad, most countries agree w/ the start small agenda..........or you ideas might have some merit.......:twofinger

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
The best advice has already been given. Take him under your wing. You know all the rights and wrongs. Teach him what he should do and what he should not do. The few people I've taught took word of anything I said and they listened to me for the most part. But that's all you can do is tell him how to ride. If he wants to ride another way, that's on him.

Oh, and if you decide to show him the twins...please share them with us too...or just me. :D

·
Registered
18,682 Posts
You can't go wrong by not smoking dope. That logic is true.
You may go wrong by smoking dope. That logic is true.
You will go wrong by smoking dope. That logic is false.

It is quite instructive for anyone who doubts this to go back and search up the "What bike did you start on" thread. Both that thread and the recent European (MAIDS) study contradict the notion that it's the bike.

In this case, it may be right to say you may go wrong by buying a big bike. But it is false logic to say that you will go wrong by buying a big bike or that you won't go wrong if you buy a small bike. The bike is arguably a variable. Rider temperment is the determinant factor in the risk attached to that variable.

All of these newbies would be better served by a serious attempt to engage them with whatever they ride rather than the pompous attitude they usually get.

·
Already Sick of Winter
3,273 Posts
i'm not a member of the "start small or you're stupid" clan. i think its up to the rider. although starting on a b***** or big bike does present additional challenges i don't think its the prevailing cause or most accidents. 35 is 35 regardless of what you ride. not using your brakes correctly or at all is the same on any bike. target fixation happens regardless or what you ride or drive.

what i was addressing is Rsxxy specific concerns about this specific rider. it wasn't a blanket statement about new riders and big bikes it was just about this new rider on this big bike.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts