Sport Bikes banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike has Arrow high mounts. I pulled the current map and it was the
map on the powercommanded website for Arrow slipon's, stock/k&n filter.
(figures)

Just for kicks, I uploaded the map from rc51.org/Dan Kyle
"Moriwaki Hi-mount slip-ons RC51 PCIIIr map".

Its interesting what a difference this map made on my bike.
It pulls SO much harder throughout the range, but is most noticable from 4-7K RPM. Im not a good measure of HP/TQ increase, but it is there.

I am completely amazed, this being my first fuel injected bike (and I just got it) what a difference a good, quality map can make.

For some reason, it doesnt quite idle as nice, a little more 'lopey', idle is slightly lower, but the increase in torque RIGHT from the very bottom is very, very noticable and maybe I am just crazy, but it seems as if the bikes intake 'noise' is increased/louder under WOT.

Maybe this is how my bike should run, and that other map is just plain crappy.
The PO showed me a dyno chart, and the torque was low, and jagged from 5K >. Peak HP on the chart was 119. This map really helped those numbers.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I kind of hope not. I hope it is just clever air/fuel managing.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I remapped mine and it really smoothed out the power and made it much more rideable at lower speeds. Also, when I mapped my old F4i, it increased the gas mileage by quite a bit, between 2-4mpg IIRC.

·
Industrial superstar
722 Posts
man i wish I could find a good map for my gsxr. I got a m4 full system and the maps on the website SUCK. My bike about falls on its face from 2000 to 3500 rpm. so every time I take off I gotta do it drag style with the r's real high.but man does it pull like hell in the mid and high. I should get a custom map but they want $350 to do one around here....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts